Chapter 13: Alien's Day Out

Start from the beginning

"Why not we all take him?" Pam said.

"Yeah," Amy said. "We can hang out at the park, or at the arcade, or even better, go on a shopping spree!"

Pam and Amy cheered and high-five each other.

"You guys are so crazy," I laughed.

"Only crazy for Dainu," Amy added, ruffling his hair.

"So when should we take him out?" Pam asked.

"We can start on Friday after school, and continue on the weekend," I said.

"Great idea, Kaley," said Amy excitedly. "With the three of us showing Dainu a good time, it will be like a date."

"A triple date, if you'd ask me," Pam added, winking and nudging at her.

We laughed some more. I was cracking up so hard I almost choked on my chips. Suddenly, my eyes caught Carmen walking past our table. She caught her sight at our table, except she wasn't looking at Pam, Amy, or me. She was flirtatiously eyeing Dainu. She kept her gaze at Dainu as she walked steadily towards her table, smiled her cherry-red, mischievous lips, and winked her deceitful, seductive eye at him. I felt hot with anger, my hands and legs tightened. If she did that again, I'm going to break all her pretty polished nails.

Pam and Amy were shocked when they saw that too. We also noticed Carmen's walk, swaying her hips far out on each side like a skank. I checked on Dainu, he was eyeing away from Carmen's catwalk with an expression of embarrassment and shame.

"That witch!" Pam exclaimed. "Who the heck does she think she is?"

I comfortingly patted Dainu's shoulder. "It's OK, Dainu. You're a good guy; I know you wouldn't do anything to upset me. Just ignore her, and she won't get in our way."

Dainu smiled warmly. "No evil will touch me as long as you continue to breathe."

"Awwww," wailed Amy and Pam.

By the time I got home, I asked Mom about hanging out with my friends this upcoming weekend.

"You're going to give a personal tour guide to whom?" Mom asked.

"We have a foreign exchange student in our school," I explained. "Amy, Pam, and I are his best friends and we promised him to show him around town. Is that OK?"

Mom paused, lifting her brow and biting her lower lip in thought. She also does this when making a decision.

"Well," she said, "I guess it's OK. Just make sure you finish all your homework on Friday, so you won't be rushing to finish it on Sunday night. And don't forget to call me when you're done, and be home before sunset."

"I will, Mom," I said, hugging her. "Thank you so much."

"You're such a good daughter," she said, kissing my head.

As soon as we knew it, Friday came quickly like a jet plane. We were so excited that we were jumping and screaming like a bunch of fangirls. I have to admit we looked like total weirdos doing that. We went to our homes first to freshen up, get our wallets and cell phones, and to get some gum. We met by the corner, and began our tour guide.

Amy was pointing out the baseball fields, picnic spots, youth centers, community swimming pools, and the graffiti on the sidewalks and walls. She was talking so fast she could've hyperventilated by now. After walking three blocks, we finally arrived at the park. No one was there, except for a near-sighted old lady feeding the pigeons and squirrels. Amy pointed out at the jogging track, the children's jungle gym, and the basketball court. We rested on the green grass, distance away from the old lady. Dainu happily watched the old lady feeding the animals. Amy told him she always sits at the park once a week feeding the animals.