Chapter 2

I was astonished." Quite the prize there son." Dad was aweing the contents of the box. "What's in the box boys? " Mom said. She wasn't as amused to find wepons and armor in it. Ray was mesmerized by the contents. Tia's reaction was close to that of Ray's. I closed the box and the latch and put it under my bed. Then I layed down and dozed off. an hour or so later mom woke me up for dinner. we all sat at the table and ate some apple cabbage stew. As always mom's cooking was amazing. I just finished and was clearing the bowls when I heard a scream come for       matilda's alcamy shop."BANDITS!!" she yelled. I looked out my window and saw a group of many brute men and women burning down the shop and other buildings.  I knew what I had to do. I ran to my room and put on the armor and put on the dagger and sword belt. I opend the door and mom said with alarm in her voice. "What are you doing get in here you'll be killed!" "I'll die if I stay, and so will you. Go and run take Ray and Tia and go!" I saw dad with his iron sword. "I'm going to help you and the others." "No dad, I can't let you be killed, go whith the family and gaurd them." They left out the back door, then I whent to aid the gaurds and  other men and women fight.