"That is how I feel when I look at you. Today, you are here. You are real. You are peace. But what do I really know you? Tomorrow, you could change. You could become a stranger. My enemy."

"Is that what you think?" he asked, cupping my chin and forcing my gaze on him. "That one day I will be your enemy?"

"That is what everyone thinks," I tell him. "They don't trust you. They think you will turn on us."

"But what do you feel?" King Toro asked me, his heat wrapping around me like plumes of smoke. "Forget everyone else, how do I make you feel?"

"Like there is hope," I admitted, choking on my words. I was not supposed to be timid with him. I was supposed to storm into his room and demand answers. Instead, I found myself weakened. Confused.

His fierce emerald eyes still penetrated me. It awakened my inner beast; it made me forget all of my wrath and replaced it with a need so deep, I almost clung to him.

"Cora..." The fire danced in his eyes, pulling me deeper and deeper. "You're faith in me extinguishes my anger. You're hope has completely shifted me."

"So you don't desire to destroy us?"

His blazing eyes brightened. "The only thing I desire...is you."

His mouth collided with mine, creating a trail of steam that rose to the ceiling. His hands softly trailed along my waist, and then he pulled me closer. With a gasp, I sank into him, allowing myself to get lost in the sensations, allowing the feel of his hard chest and abdomen to seduce me.

The Fire King sat me on his bed, his need as heavy as my own. His hand slowly crept along the bottom of my dress as he toyed with the fabric. He broke away from our kiss long enough to tear my dress off of me, as if the material had been thin.

My chest was now exposed, save for the bra that hid my breasts, and the wolfish grin that appeared on his face as he took in the sight of me drove me wild.

"Trust me, Cora," he spoke, his voice husky with arousal. "I have imagined this moment since the day I met you. I will show you just where my heart is. You will never have to doubt me again."

A moan escaped my mouth as he put his weight on top of me. He began with soft kisses at my neck, and soon, he trailed a line of kisses down my chest toward my stomach. My hands grabbed at his sheets, my head rolling from side to side from the overwhelming sensation.

I was lost in ecstasy my eyes clenched closed. And then I was no longer there, with King Toro. I was in the cold, although it wasn't very cold because fire had consumed the land.

And ahead, I saw Prince Sebastian, Anya and Luca turned toward a shadowed figure. And this figure stood among heaps of dead bodies, declaring war.

I tried to run toward my friends, but I was trapped. An unknown force held me back, and as much as I tried to cry for my friends, to warn them of danger, they could not hear me. I was like a ghost...or maybe they were ghosts of the future.

The future.

I was seeing a very real future...and so many had died. So much was lost...and the thing more consuming than fire was despair.

We were going to die.

I snapped out of the dream, screaming in rage as I pushed the Fire King away from me.

"You!" I cried, pulling my dress against my chest. "You!"

King Toro's brows furrowed as if crestfallen. He reached a hand toward me, but I pulled away. "I saw fire...all consuming...and I saw a man who started the flames. And he stood victorious over all of Iceland, fire raging from his palms."

King Toro shook his head. "I...I don't know what you are saying."

He came to me again, reaching for me, pleading with his eyes, but I pushed at him. "I hate you." I told him, and the venom in my voice seemed to hit him. He jerked as if slapped, and his hands fell to his sides.

"Well...well...well, have I barged in on a lover's quarrell?" My eyes darted to King Toro's open door, and in the entrance stood the man I'd grown to hate with a passion.

Titus.

His eyes were dark, and his smile was challenging. He took one step into the Fire King'a quarters, and his hidden gaurds spilled into the room, ready to attack when commanded.

"Cease them both," King Titus commanded, and the guards started toward us...

Discussion Time:

Do you think King Toro is the man in the vision/dream? Do you believe he will wwage war or fight beside Cora and the rest?