A Thug's Redemption 3: The Wrath of Andre

Start from the beginning

“For what?” D-Ball replied as he stopped at a red light.

“Obstruction of justice. Jamal told me to call you and ask you to come over until this is sorted out. Will you be able to?” Tiffany asked as she scrolled through Jamal’s second phone. She saw that it was only the one number that the man called from, no text messages or anything else and became even more confused.

“Yeah, I’m on my way. Sit tight; don’t open the door for nobody. I’m not even gonna knock, I’ma just call you when I get to the door, okay?” D-Ball said to her as he sped off when the light changed to green.

“Okay.” Tiffany disconnected the phone and paced the living room. Jamal had a second phone with only one number in it that went to a man who seemed to know Jamal, though she never heard of or met him. “Why would Jamal need a second phone just to talk to that one person?” she wondered to herself. She went to their bedroom and began looking around. She searched the top of the closet and inside of shoe boxes. She then looked on the shelves inside of their walk-in closet and underneath a stack of paper she found a manila envelope. She peeked inside and pulled a few of the papers out, immediately being able to see that they were police documents. She sat on the edge of the bed and pulled all of the papers out and began scanning them. Tiffany became very intrigued when she saw the documents were about Samir Muhammad’s murder investigation.

“Andre Williams?” Tiffany mumbled as she read. She thumbed through the papers until she came across some photos. She looked at the same one that caught Jamal’s attention months before and frowned. To make sure her eyes weren’t deceiving her, she reached onto the night table for her eye glasses and put them on. She looked at the photo again and then thought back to the day she decided to take the stairs to the apartment because the lights had gone out and bumped into the man coming through the doors that led to the stairway. The man who she told Jamal looked just like him. Her heart raced as she shook her head and looked at the photo again. “Is this your father?” she asked out loud.

She heard a knock at the door and jumped. She trembled as she put the papers back in the envelope and placed them back in the closet the way she found them.

“Who is it?” she asked.

“Police ma’am, we need to speak with you, please?” she heard a man’s voice say.

Tiffany hesitated. Why would the police want to talk to her? She tip-toed over to the door and looked through the peep-hole. She could see that there were two uniformed officers but one was partially out of her vision and the other had his head down slightly so she could not see his face. She un-locked the top lock and the lock on the door knob but left the chain-lock attached and opened it just enough to see out. Before she could say anything, one of the men pushed forcefully on the door, snapping the chain and Tiffany screamed, jumping back. The men barged into her home and she backed away down the hallway. She looked at the both of them frightened. When the first one lunged for her, she grabbed an African Barbie-sized statue from a table in the hallway and swung with it, catching the first officer in the face with it. The hit cut open the side of his face and blood streamed out. He staggered back in shock and in pain.

“Bitch!” the second one said as he came for her.

Tiffany swung again but the officer dodged her attempt and grabbed her by the wrist, bending it back to make her drop it. She hollered out in pain but grabbed the man by his collar with her other hand and kicked him on the side of his knee hoping to dislocate it. He buckled, letting her wrist go and Tiffany used her palm to hit him in the nose, busting it and making him fall back. She turned to run but the first officer lunged for her making her fall to the floor. They struggled with each other back and forth, knocking over knick-knacks and photo frames from the table until the officer grabbed for her throat and began to squeeze. She gagged and clawed at his hands trying to get him off but to no avail. Her feet peddled until she was able to raise her knees and she kneed the officer in the groin twice. When his grip loosened, she scooted away from him enough to get her feet up and kicked him in his chest, knocking him back. She was dizzy and struggling to breathe after her airway was cut off but tried to crawl to the bedroom to get her gun. She heard gunshots from behind her and opened her mouth to scream but couldn’t get a sound out.