Jealous

(Modern AU)

Eddie adored Richie. As much as he'd like to lie and say that he didn't. They were best friends, but Eddie wanted to be more. They would spend days at Richie's house watching TV and movies while laughing and throw8ng food at each other. His mom would constantly send his sister to check on them. His mom already knew that Richie and Eddie were gay. She was the first person both of them came out to. Richie also told Eddie but Eddie didn't tell Richie. Richie also had a huge crush on Eddie, but in the end gave up because he thought Eddie would never view Richie as anything more than a friend.

After Richie gotten over his crush on Eddie he started noticing someone. Bill to be more specific now instead of always asking Eddie over he'd always ask Bill. Eddie noticed he was being invited less and less to the Tozier house hold. Once he found out who was going and was watching movies, and throwing food and getting checked on by Richie's twin sister his head started to hurt. He didn't know if Richie had a crush on Bill, but he just assumed and it crushed his heart. He was moppy and depressed for the next few days. Watching Bill and Richie splash around in the waters of the quarry, and Bill ruffle Richie's curls as Richie giggled. Eddie wanted to do that, but he felt so unwanted so empty. He didn't have the energy to talk to anyone. Beverly and Stan tried talking to him a couple of times but it was short dry conversations as Eddie was staring at Richie and Bill. Richie barely registered that Eddie was even there half of the time.

He went home alone instead of staying the night with Richie like he usually did on Fridays. Today was the day that Bill said he was bisexual and that he and Richie are dating. He tried looking happy he really did. He smiled and everything ! His heart wasn't in it though, he wished things were different. He wanted to say that he was gay and madly in love with Richie, but he didn't want to ruin their happiness. They looked so happy, and that's what Eddie wants for Richie.... for him to be happy.

Eddie was walking through town, and saw Richie and Bill holding hands with ice cream in their other hand. He froze he really didn't want to intrude on their date. So he ran the other way only to crash into someone.
He looked up to see straw colored hair and one of the most beautiful blue eyes he's ever seen. She extended her hand down towards him.
"Hey..." she waited patiently for his name and Eddie glanced at Richie and Bill seeing them getting closer.
"Oh um Eddie my names Eddie" he said dusting his pants and fixing his fanny pack. She looked down at it then back to his face.
"I like your fanny pack... it's cute" the freckles on her face got dusted over by the blush that appeared on her face. 'Richie's freckles are more cute' Eddie thought.
"Thanks um... ?"
"Darcy.... Darcy Adams" she smiled and he finally noticed her braces they yellow matching her hair.

"Eds?" He heard Richie call out when he finally caught a glance of the shorter boy he used to adore. Richie's heart starting beating way faster and his stomach got quesey when he saw that girl. "Who's this ?"

"This is Darcy we kinda just met" Darcy giggled and looked back at Eddie.
"Yeah we litteraly bumped into each other" she smiled waving at Richie and Bill.
"Babe we should go or we are going to miss the movie" Eddie winced when Bill said babe. Richie unfortunately heard it and looked at Eddie confused.
"Yeah okay" Richie and Bill left leaving Darcy and Eddie alone again.
"Do you wanna hang out ?" She smiled.
"Yeah sure, but I have to tell you I'm kinda gay" Darcy bursted out laughing which surprised Eddie.
"Kinda? Same I guess I'm bi but yeah I got it. You like boys " she smiled tussling his hair. Which caused one of the first genuine smiles in a while from Eddie. "So Eddie Bear do you wanna go get food cause I'm starving"

On Richie and Bill's date the only thing Richie was thinking about was Eddie and that girl. Was he going to ask her out? Will she say yes? Is Eddie going to forget about Richie? Bill noticed the troubled look on his boyfriend and sighed out.
"Richie what's the matter ?" Richie only shook his head so they didn't speak anymore on that subject.