Crooked Places

Bigby and I made it to the Tweedles office and seen a man in an orange janitorial getup with crazy red hair covering his eyes as some of the hair was contained underneath a frog hat. "Excuse me." Bigby cleared his throat. "Oh hi... Sheriff Bigby and you too miss... Great to see you. I... don't know if you remember me... I've uh seen you around, but you may have forgotten--" He stammered. "I know who you are Flycatcher. You've worked at the Woodlands for... how many years now?" Bigby spoke while getting a cigarette from his pocket and lighting it. "Heh, I think I've lost count." Flycatcher admitted. "But you know Crane... uh, let me go... recently." "oh yeah?" "Yeah, I mean it's no big deal... So... what brings you two here? I mean can I help you with anything?" He spoke as he held onto his broom. He continued to ask if we were hear to see the brothers either one of them. "Have you seen a witch come by perchance?" I asked him. "I dunno... sometimes." He was uncertain. "Really? Who is she? Do you know where she lives?" Bigby seemed a tad excited as he asked the questions. "Uh, I don't know her name or where she lives, really. She just sometimes drops stuff off for the brothers... to deliver." Flycatcher spoke. "Deliver to who?" Bigby started interrogating him now flicking his cigarette so often. "I've never had any reason to see for myself. Sorry. It's been a... quiet night so far." He admitted. Speaking of how the twins were out and how he wouldn't see them for days sometimes.  He then led us to their office. 

   "We're gonna have to take a look around." Bigby spoke as soon as we were inside the room. The room was divided into two with desks which were facing each other in the center. one half of the room was orange while the other light blue and on either side had hats hung up on hooks both different styles and corresponded with the color of that side. "Uh, Well, I guess that would be okay." Flycatcher spoke behind us. "I wasn't really asking for permission." Bigby walked into the room and began looking for clues. Flycatcher was worried he would get in trouble. "Couple of freaks." Bigby growled as he threw a sheet of paper on the desks. "They have their quirks." Flycatcher spoke sweeping. He continued to say how they were good people but are mistaken. more like fuck that they shot up a funeral... a funeral who does that shit. I walked over to the blue side and on the desk as Bigby looked through a filing cabinet. As I looked I found a small key. "Bigby, I found a key does it go to one of those cabinets or something?" I looked up at him. he searched his area for a moment and shook is head. "See, I knew you two wouldn't find anything. Anything of interest, anyways... They're detectives like I said." He stood up from sweeping. "We haven't found anything yet." Bigby retorted. "Look, just trust us. Tweedle Dee and Dum are not "nice", they're not "helping" anyone." Bigby tried to explain. "Well, they helped me." Flycatcher admitted. "Okay great, they helped you, that's one person." Bigby spoke slightly annoyed. I went over to Bigby and looked over his shoulder to see a file on Crane. Crane ended up owing a lot of money to them no doubt that was our town money going into this. 

   "Find anything?" Flycatcher spoke. "Not what I need." Bigby turned to him. "Wh-- What i-- if you're wrong about them?" He stood as he stopped sweeping. "We're not." Bigby stated. "They're misunderstood, sure. But that doesn't mean everything people say about them is true. I mean, you know, like when I think about it, you guys aren't that different. You help people... and they help people. Not that it's any of my business, but..." Flycatcher  slightly rambled. "Is that what you think?" Bigby raised his voice. "Bigby?" Flycatcher was quiet. "Shit. There's something here, I know there is, there has to be." Bigby paced the room my eyes following him. "Why would there be anyth--" "Because they're lying to you, okay Flycatcher?" Bigby turned and admitted. Bigby began to tell him the whole story of what had happened and how they shot at us. "Bigby what happened to your--" He pointed out Bigby's arm. "Shit, Bigby, Your stitches." I pointed out the blood seeped through his shirt where he got shot. "You wanna know what this is? This is them showing up to Lily's funeral with fucking shotguns." Bigby got up in his face scaring him. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I-- I didn't know..." He studdard. "Holly and Gren both got injured, Snow White nearly got her head blown off. Maya almost got killed... Do you get it now?" Bigby calmed towards the end of his statement. 

   The room went quiet. Bigby walked away from Flycatcher who looked upset slightly and I stood over by the door. Bigby sighed and had a change in his face as if he felt bad, "I didn't mean to..." Bigby began as Flycatcher walked over to another filing cabinet . "There's a door behind this filing cabinet." He stood in front of it. "I don't know what they keep back here, but... it might be what you're looking for. Well that key you found should work." He looked over to me. 

   I walked over and unlocked it to reveal a stairwell descending into a somewhat lit room. Bigby, Flycatcher and I walked down to find shelves with a few packages. The packages had labels with initials but nothing useful yet. "What are you looking for?" Flycatcher asked peeking up from one of the shelves. "Anything about Crane... or the witch he was using. Something." Bigby spoke as we went back to looking. "Butcher..." Bigby opened the coffee tin which had a vial. "What is this stuff?" He looked to Flycatcher who shrugged his shoulder and then to me which I replied the same way. I grabbed a tin labeled "Crooked Man"   as I opened it there was a note from Crane inside with a wad of money. The note had explained how he was late and he'd get the rest of it soon. Bigby grabbed it from me to examine it. "Care of the Lucky Pawn?" Do you know what that is?" He turned to Flycatcher again just to have the same reaction. We put the can back and I grabbed another one which was a smaller tin something like a tobacco one. "Aunty Greenleaf" was labeled on it. I opened it to find a lock of black hair. "Hey Bigby? Do you think after all this... Do you think I could come back to the Woodlands? Since Crane let me go... I mean I could still work here. But I don't think I want to now." Flycatcher asked. "Well, Crane is gone now... I can't see why you couldn't come back." Bigby admitted. "Really? That would be... Thank you." Flycatcher was happy as he looked up at us. "Come by the Business Office. I can't make any promises." Bigby admitted. "Alright cool." He went back to looking and Bigby looked over to me to see the tin with the lock of hair. 

   "Is this Snow's hair?" I asked him as he sniffed the air "That's her hair." He looked at it. "Snow White? Why woul--" "We found her air like this inside Lily's glamour." He took it and examined the lid, "Aunty Greenleaf. This must be the witch Crane was using." Bigby figured out. "I guess Dee and Dum were getting the hair for Crane and sending it to her?" Flycatcher guessed. Bigby took out the address book from Lily and found the initials AG. "Is there a phone around here. I need to call Snow." Bigby asked as Flycatcher pointed over to it. 

   "Thanks, Fly." Bigby spoke before dialing the number. I looked over to Flycatcher as well and thanked him for helping us out. "We know who she is." Bigby spoke on the phone with Snow. From there we made our way to catch Crane.