Late Night Swim

I woke up to see it was already the afternoon. "Shiiiiiit, I gotta go," I groaned forcing myself up my back sore and body aching. "For a fable I think my age is finally catching up with me..." My back popped and so did my shoulders when I stretched. I got up and grabbed some fresh clothes then afterwords I hurried out the door making my way to the Woodlands.

  I was walking down the street when I noticed a familiar woman heading into the building. Quickly I tried to make my way down the street and into the building to see who she was. Arriving at the building I had seen the elevator doors had just closed. "Damn it!" I cursed to myself I looked to see that the stairwell was opened and I quickly made my way down the stairs to hear a struggle as if people were fighting. 

   "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!" A woman's voice yelled out. I made my way to see Snow White standing there and one of the Tweedle's tied to a chair. Bigby, Crane and Blue Beard stood in a holding cell surrounding him they all looked flabbergasted as they seen Snow. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   We walked up the stairs Snow was obviously furious. "What the hell was going on down there, Bigby?" She scowled. "I thought you were dead, Snow." Bigby seemed so small at this moment. "And that makes it okay?" She sighed rubbing her face. "I hope it was worth your time." She pressed the buttons to the  elevator. "Okay, you're gonna have to explain this, cause I'm really not getting it yet." Bigby and I followed her. "After our conversation last night, I got a call from Toad. He said his son found a dead body. We thought it was Faith at the time... Getting her back here wasn't easy, but hopefully we'll find something on her to help us track down the killer." She explained. "Is TJ alright?" I quickly questioned. "He's just a bit shaken up right now Maya." Snow gave me a worried expression.

   "I should've been there Snow." Bigby crossed his arms. " I tried calling the Business Office, but there was no answer. I couldn't find you or Maya. So I took care of it." She pressed the button to the second floor. "Snow..." Bigby continued. "What is it?" She retorted. "I'm glad your not dead." He hesitated. "Me too." She seemed happier now after hearing that. 

   We were walking through the hallway as Snow continued about how the person was glamoured to look like her at least we thought that. Bigby and Snow got into a fight trying to keep Snow safe which I agreed with Bigby. We didn't know how serious this was and hell the head on the door step that could've been a death threat towards Snow. 

  "TJ is inside." Snow had her hand on the handle to the Business Office. "He was so freaked out last night, he wouldn't tell us much. Even now, he just stops talking altogether after a certain point." She explained to us. We walked into the room to see Toad and TJ at the mirror. Snow turned to us "TJ's over there, I don't know if you want to talk to him first or after, but let me know when you're ready to see the body. I'd... want to be there." She admitted 

  Both Bigby and I walked around the office a bit first to see if there was anything to see really. I passed by Ichabod's desk with Bigby behind me. There was a value size bottle of antacids I picked it up to show Bigby, "I guess it was harder on him than I thought." Bigby looked at the bottle. There were also tarot cards on his desk. "I wouldn't take Ichabod to believe in this type of thing," I remarked as I flipped the cards over. Bigby walked over to Snow's desk to find a bottle of perfume in which she wore I remember seeing her spraying it on when I was working in the files one day. 

   "Bigby are you ready to go and talk to TJ?" I walked over and touched his shoulder. "Yeah, probably better to get this done and over with." He led me over to the two Toads messing with the magic mirror. 

   As we approached TJ had a worried face and Mr. Toad wore a disapproving one. "Ah, that's enough, mirror! Vanish! Cancel!" He waved his arms frantically. "Toad, what the hell are you doing?" Bigby ordered as he crossed his arms.  "Just tryin' to catch you on the shitter," Toad explained as he did I couldn't manage to laugh slightly earning a glare from Bigby. Snow walked over to join in our conversation. She knelt over to TJ's level. "TJ... It's aright, are you ready to talk to Mr. Wolf?" TJ walked over slowly and began to cry slightly. I knelt down onto my knees ready to comfort him if needed, he's such a sweet kid I hate how I wasn't there for him. Snow and I both looked at Bigby to gesture him down, thus earning an eye roll. "Are you... okay?" Bigby asked uncertain to TJ's state. "It's okay bud, go ahead." I smiled sympathetically towards him.