Ch 13- A pretty good reason to break up with a girl

Soda pov
Darry must have been bopping me on the head with that spoon for 10 minutes before I finally woke up.
"Hhhhnnnnn... Darry...?"
"Come on Soda, it's two in the afternoon. Get up already," he said, finally taking the spoon.
I got up and tried to figure stuff out for a while about the night before, but nothing much came to me except that I should be panicking. Pony walked through and greeted me with "morning, early riser."
Seeing Ponyboy reminded me of what he told me last night. My best friend was so upset, crying and yelling and storming out, all because of me! I knew about needing to mature and quit evacuating any situation as soon as it got real. It must have been the hours of sleep and the daylight, but it suddenly made sense. All I needed was a night to think it over, but I blew it in a panic! It's not too late though, at least I think so!
"You're right, Pony..." I muttered, and at first he gave me a confused look. But then he nodded proudly. I don't even think he knew what I was talking about, he just appreciates being told he's right about stuff.
"Darry, I'm leaving. Call Sandy, tell her I'm coming over. I need to go now."
He nodded and I rushed out the door. Pony came out with me, saying he was going to meet Johnny, Two-bit, and Dally at the park, and her house is pretty close.
I walked with him, determination and love on my mind. I mentioned to Ponyboy that his words finally got through to me after my woke up. After last night, I feel like I can trust Pony to have a slight understanding of this situation, just maybe. So I started telling him everything on my mind. About Steve mostly, but Sandy too.
"I must've been blind for months, Pony. Really, I need glasses I'm so dumb. He hasn't even tried to hide that he doesn't love Evie, all you guys know, and he spends weeks not even making an effort to contact her. Did I notice? Of course not, some friend..." I sighed, frustrated with myself.
I never even considered that Steve could be gay for me, it just seemed impossible. I told Pony that, and I think he stifled a laugh.
I tried to remember everything that I noticed over the past couple days from looking at him more, wondering about him...
The way his hair fell after his fingers ran through it, when it's really hot out or when he's stressed. How he bites his lip when he's wincing, or really focused on a car. His look, cool and rebellious and attractive, when he leans against a car with a cigarette in his mouth.
I barely even snapped out of that trance to ask, "He'll forgive me, won't he Pony?"
He smiled, "Of course Soda, you'll be fine."
He patted my shoulder and, after a pause, said, "Besides, it's Steve. He's been crazy about you since 8th grade. Don't worry about it." With that, he walked off to join Johnny and Dal at the park. I didn't see Two-bit with him.
Eight( grade seems like an awful long time. If that's true I oughta give him a trophy for sticking around.
I made it to Sandy's in a minute, only to find she wasn't home. Her grandma answered the door, an awkward and stunned look on her face.
"Oh my, Soda? Good to see you... Uh- What brings you here?"
"My brother should've called. Where's Sandy? It's important."
I was antsy. Determination coursed through my veins, and I'm not even able to do anything right now! I stood, impatiently waiting for this elderly woman to tell me what's up.
"Oh, boy..." she muttered, "She's out with her new boyfriend, she did tell you, right?"
I knew she wasn't afraid of other people knowing she was cheating on me. I didn't expect for me to end up the side-piece to her new boyfriend!
"She's-"
"Soda?!" I hear her familiar voice behind me. Then the lady in front of me muttering "oop-" and shutting the door.
"You know this dude?" a boy, looks like a soc, standing next to her asked.
"Can't even wait till we're not dating to start going out again?" I snapped.
"What?!" The guy shouted at her.
She was already in tears, "No wait, Soda, please understand, I-I was going to tell you, I swear... I didn't want to hurt you, Sweetie-pop, please..."
Even cheating on me, she kept to being a nice girl, deep on the inside.
The soc guy next to her showed no mercy, cursing out the both of us with every word and nasty metaphor he could think of. I yelled "Buzz off, soc!" at him, and he stomped away, muttering, "Last time I stick my dick in greaser trash, I swear to God..."
She smiled at me.
"See? We make a great couple..." she chuckled through the tears.
"Sandy..." I muttered, as she rested her head on my chest, "Look, I came over here to tell you it's over."
She closed her eyes and pursed her lips shut to keep from sobbing. But she nodded quietly against me.
"Get yourself a guy you actually like, alright? You deserve it," I said as I walked off her porch. She yelled "thank you, Sweetie-pop...!" as she watched me go. Leaving there hurt a little, but I tried to think of Steve. If it weren't for him, I don't know how long I'd still stay with her. Cheater or not, she'll always be the same, sweet Sandy I've dated for so long. But I don't think she can compare to Steve anyway. Thats why this moment is one that I won't regret, even if last night was a total wash.