"Yes, because killing people in their sleep is fine, I assume?" He spat, his tone sarcastic and briefly annoyed. "You rob them of their lives while giving them false hope, how is that not cruel? Disease or not, they could have at least lived on until their last breath, perhaps even spent some more time with their family. But here you are, telling me that your intentions are good? I am no idiot, Aya, and you are no fool."

She kept working while purposefully keeping her back at him, as if his small speech barely affected her at all. He sighed in frustration and ran a hand through his hair, 'words cannot reach her... She is just as stubborn as her mad father.' He thought briefly, completely lost at what to so next. 'I mustn't let her follow his path ... I have to save her.'

It was then that an idea occured to him. Something simple, something easy. He figured maybe it was stupid too, but desperate times called for desperate measures, he had no other choice but to reach out to his Aya in the closest way--

With that, he approached her; his steps light and barely making any noise. His eye never left her back, which looked broader in his child-like vision. He felt like a small child who was reaching out to his mother, like some tiny little thing who was beyond helpless...

'In all truth, I probably am helpless.' He snorted, but did not stop. Once he was close enough to breathe in her scent; he did it.

He hugged her.

For a moment, he felt her go completely stiff and still from the close contact, a sign that she hadn't really been touchy-touchy feely with anyone in the last fifteen years. Her reaction in itself was enough proof; and Dio couldn't help but feel relieved. Why? He didn't quite know himself.

There was warmth radiating from her, warmth he had felt that day-- when he had kissed her on the forehead. She had tasted sweet, innocent, pure and hopeful ; and he had been so sure, back then, that she would remain that way her whole life.

Now, he wondered if she would still taste the same.

He doubted it.

Aya remained completely still, unsure of how to respond. It wasn't the first time that she had been 'touched' by Dio, and yet for some reason, it felt so different.

For one, had he always been this cold?

"What are you doing?" She asked, clearly curious about this behavior.

"I'm hugging you."

"Yes, that I can tell. But for what purpose?"

"None."

That answer threatened to frustrate her completely; but Aya decided to remain calm. Dio came back for a reason; and it was to change her. Obviously, his little hug was part of it, but she had no intention to be mindful or whatever. It was just a futile attempt at surprising her; nothing more and nothing less.

She breathed in and grabbed his cold arm gently, "Dio, stop this. It won't work."

The blonde boy did not move an inch, "why does it bother you so much?" He asked with a raised brow.

"It does not bother me."

"It does."

"No."

"Then why are you trying to push me aside then?"

Aya sighed.

"Dio- please."

He held her tighter.

"I won't let go of you, Aya. Not now, or ever. You need me, I know it."

Aya pursed her lips and tilted her head to the side, "Are you going to let me go or should I really push you?"

"You wouldn't do that." He murmured gently, and she could tell that he was smiling.

"I would. I could--"

"Aya, this conversation is ridiculous."

"Your hug is ridiculous."

Dio snorted. "What part of it is ridiculous, Aya?"

The dark-haired woman smirked, "well, for one; you're practically groping me, Dio" she pointed out and stared at her chest; where his hands lied just below. He ought to admit, she was definitely well endowed; so much that he could even feel their softness despite not directly touching them.

Needless to say, his hug was a little awkward.

"Is it... uncomfortable?" He asked slowly.

"Mm, I believe so, yes. Gentleman that you are, could you let go?"

He merely lowered his arms so he could hug her hips instead.

"My god Dio-"

"I told you, Aya. I won't let go of you."

Aya sighed once more, an action that might repeat itself for a long while now...