27 - you saved me

I asked to be brought home as soon as possible, I wanted to be in an environment I felt comfortable in. Despite my dads wishes, I went home the next day.

I walked through the front door to an extremely messy living room in the process of being cleaned, my eyes widened at the smashed glasses on the floor, assuming it was from my father.

I looked up at him next to me, giving him a worried look.

"It's just been a little hectic with you not being here, that's all," He gave me a weak smile, making me stretch my arms around him and hug him tightly.

He was quite startled by the sudden affection, he definitely wasn't one for hugs and neither was I, but it felt right.

"I love you dad," I breathed out.

"I love you too kiddo."

We both released from the hug and he walked into the games room.

I stepped through the door to see the usually full bar quite empty, but other than that it looked like it had been cleaned throughly. The rest of the team had entered followed too and started to sit down on the couches while some leaned on the pool table.

I gulped "Do you want me to talk about what happened? Im guessing that's why we're in here..."

"You guessed right." my dad clarified.

"What Tony means is," Bucky glared at him "we want to understand this pain you've gone through or still are going through, I know it's hard to share but we want to help." His words seemed soothing and comforting to me, giving me reassurance that everything was going to be okay.

There was a pause as I looked at Bucky across the room. "It was the road." I spoke, my words instantly echoed into mine and his ears.

"The dream?" He asked quietly, with pain already blurring his eyes.

"Yes. But not exactly a dream though. It was so real; you told me that It was December 16th 1991 a-and you told me why you saved me from the crash. Why didn't you tell me?" I stuttered.

His eyes released a tear down his face. "I... I didn't want to bring you back to that road. I just felt like I'd ruined your entire life by taking you that day, but everything had been leading up to it. I just remember seeing you as a child and snapping back into reality. But then I saw you. I saw 200 year old you. I guess that's when I knew I had to take the younger y/n or you wouldn't turn to the person you I saw you as. I'm so sorry. I ruined your life." He started to leave the room.

"Bucky, you did not ruin my life at all. I cant believe you would think that." My eyes were had already teared up like Bucky's but you could tell my pain through the glow in my chest.

Everyone just watched us in silence.

"You saved me, in all they ways I can think of."

"I'm sorry. I guess I just needed to hear it again, you know how I am."

"It's fine, I should be saying it more often." I walked over to him and he embraced my grasp hugging me tightly and kissed me on the head. I looked up at him smiling and he smiled back.

"I don't want to like spoil your moment... but honestly I didn't understand any of that." My dad said, making everyone laugh.

"Yeah you really didn't give us any context." Steve joined.

"Wait? Were you in the woods naked?" Thor chuckled, causing a chain of laughter between a few of us, but Loki hit him hard on the arm, i just smiled awkwardly and Bucky glared at him.