14 - an avenger

I woke up slowly, my hand stretching out to the other side of the bed, it an empty bed, Bucky must have left. I imagined he thought the same about keeping this a secret. My dad wasn't too fond of Bucky, there were many reasons why, and they were definitely valid to make my father not trust him, main example being killing his parents, Howard and Marina.

I guess me being controlled by hydra gave me more room for forgiveness over my father.

"Halliday, is anyone woken up yet?" I asked, looking over at the space where Bucky had been previously, noticing the indent he had made on the mattress and pillows.

"Yes Miss Stark, everyone in the facility is either in the living room or in the process of getting ready."

"Oh," I mumbled, "what time is it?"

"8:24, Miss Stark."

I couldn't believe I'd stayed in bed so long, I felt like I haven't slept like that in years. Usually I'd stay in bed staring up at the ceiling until I became bored, then I'd either sit on my balcony and watch the stars, dig in and solve one of the seven Millennium Problems, or go down to the gym and run till the sun came back up.

My hand drifted to the side table routing around for my phone, "fuck sake," I moaned into my pillow, remembering my slight hiccup yesterday, basically messing up my entire room. I turned back over and stared up at the ceiling, breathing out a sigh. A happy sigh though, the kind that made you reminisce about everything good that had happened over the last 10 years of life. Instead though all I could think about how warm I felt last night with Bucky's arms wrapped around me.

I flung the duvet away and got up out of the bed. I went over to my walk in wardrobe looking around and thinking what I should wear. I was never the best at fashion on myself, I'd buy these clothes and wouldn't wear them, always sticking to the same brand of mom jeans and switch out T-shirts from the thrift store. Of course I enjoyed buying stuff, looking online, going to fashion shows, even the obvious of doing outfits for the Gala.

"Do I have anything on today?" I asked Halliday, sitting on the chair in the corner of the room and scanning my eyes all over.

"Yes, your Mr Stark has scheduled a meeting for the team at 11:30 and you have World War Two essay due in two weeks."

I nodded.

"Would you like me to alert Steve or Bucky for help? They are very familiar with that time era and they both served in the war," Halliday said, making me smile.

"Oh yes, can you ask Bucky? Just send the message to his room though."

"Of course, the secure message has just been sent Miss Stark."

After picking out a decent outfit of mom jeans and A green and blue striped top, I walked out of my wardrobe towards the elevator, clicking the down arrow button and waiting for it to arrive. When I got down to the living room, I walked out to see most of the team at the breakfast table, waiting for a fry up breakfast.

"Ooo, what's for breakfast?" I asked, receiving a smiles from my dad.

"Today the options are full English or—"

"Pancakes," Sam interrupted.

"I think I'll take pancakes, please," I chuckled.

My eyes panned over the room and spotted Bucky over to the couch and sat by Bucky who was watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine, he noticed me coming to sit next to me and gave a wide smile. I sat down next to him and he put his arm around me.