The golden arches and ceiling beams were polished to a shimmering perfection, the lush, maroon curtains were replaced by a more favorable, satin fabric, and the marbled floors reflected the grandiosity of the room. It was magnificent, as if inspired by a fairytale.

King Andres sat on the throne, his eyes gleaming at Sun, as if she alone was the only interesting thing in the castle. He wore a vibrant gold tunic and crown, his trousers were white, but lined in the same shade of gold. In his left hand, he held a silver goblet full of wine, and he swirled the contents in the cup, smelling the substance inside, his eyes never leaving her.

Prince Christian guided Sun to the smaller, golden seat next to his father. He then took a seat in the chair and whispered her for her stand between him and the king. Adel was next to enter, taking a seat on the farthest left, leaving a spot for Crow to be at the king's immediate left.

And as if on command, Prince Crow walked in, dressed in the same black tunic, with his choice of daggers shining at his hips. His scowl was deadly as he looked at the crowd of onlookers – nobles and peasants alike. To them, he was a war-god, the son to fear. Even Princess Adel seemed to sit higher in respect for him as he approached. Crow stopped before his father and bowed stiffly, his eyes quickly glanced at Sun before returning to the king.

"Your men are surrounding the perimeter of the castle. They are also stationed within these walls, ready for my orders. I've also alerted the guards at the girl's door, and they are fully aware not to allow anyone in." Crow glared at Adel. "Not even the princess."

"Very well," was all King Andres said, seemingly disinterested in the prince's report as he gazed at the crowd behind his son. Crow blinked once, nodded, and took his seat.

Sun watched quietly as two men in bright, multicolored uniforms stepped forward, raising a horn to their mouths. As if on que, they blew into the instruments, a blaring sound filling the room. The large, double doors that led to the courtyard opened, and four knights in black and red armor came forward, looking menacing and impenetrable. They stomped forward, and abruptly stopped. Simultaneously, they turned to the left and spread out, allowing room for another to enter.

And then the king stepped forward.

He was different than Sun had imagined in the passageway. He was taller, stronger, and much younger. His brown hair hadn't even begun to gray, and his handsome features were laced with confidence and pride. He wore a red tunic with black trousers. His throne was embroidered with black and red gems, and a large stone made of opal sat on his right hand.

He began walking forward, his eyes focused only on King Andres. Sun felt Christian tense at her side but she didn't dare acknowledge it. Was this king truly a threat? Had hr been lying to easee her discomfort?

King Nander stopped feet away from the throne and bowed in respect. When he rose, his smile was mocking, almost menacing. "It is always a pleasure to see an old friend."

"Likewise, King Nander," King Andres replied, but there was nothing friendly in his tone. "And what brings you to our neck of the woods?"

"Trade."

"Ah?" King Anders asked. "You wish to exchange a trade of goods? What could you possibly have that I could want?"

"I've come with the purest diamonds known to man. It was recently discovered in a cave in the outskirts of my land. These beautiful jewels are a king's dream...and I'm sure a princess' dreamas well." His eyes cut to where Adel sat.

Sun dared a small glance at the princess and noticed that she'd perked with in interest.

"What would you like us to exchange in return?" King Andres asked.