The Dance

Sun was unwavering as she glared at Prince Crow

Sun was unwavering as she glared at Prince Crow. His intense, sweltering eyes of pure onyx were the darkest thing in the room. The way he stood before her, dangerous and strong, dark and yet handsome, was enough to make her body shake, but she wasn't sure if the feeling was due to fear.

She still hated him for bringing her to the kingdom, still deemed him responsible for the sudden changes in her life. Even then, she couldn't convince her body of how much she hated him. He was handsome even as he stared death holes into her.

Prince Crow lowered his face so that it was inches from hers. His black hair spilled over his eyebrows and kissed the tips of his thick lashes.

"Cat's got your tongue?" His words were slow and direct, and his mouth curled into a wicked smile as if he knew his affect on her. "I'll ask you again. What are you doing here?"

"Why is it any of your business?" Sun demanded to know, feeling more brave than she had moments before. She assumed it was due to the wine still running its course through her body. "Get out of my way."

His eyes glistened as he offered her a signature smirk, but he didn't move an inch. "You're little attitude turns me on."

"Is that how you talk to a lady?" Sun was flabbergasted, and her rapidly blinking eyes caused Prince Crow to shake his head.

"Ladies don't exist under the castle. I'd strongly suggest you leave if you can't even handle a man flirting with you. "

"Flirting is saying things like, 'You have the most glorious eyes I've ever seen'. It is not sexual innuendos."

Prince Crow smirked. "Where are you from, exactly? Oh right, the woods. Well, Sun, you have a lot to learn about the type of morals and ethics this castle prefers to run itself on. Especially those under the castle. As I've said before, you should leave. The way you look tonight, you'll end up in bed with the wrong man."

Sun blinked. It was his fault for even dragging her to the castle, and yet he acted as if he cared how well she fared...as if he cared who's bed she'd end up in. She had the strongest desire to smack him for his rudeness, for even insinuating that she even wanted to be taken to bed. She wanted to punch him for his audacity to try and control her. He may have been able to practically kidnap her, but she refused to let him boss her around. Prince or no prince, in that moment, she wanted to do the very thing that would upset him most.

"I think I'll stay," she smiled, sweetly, leaning even closer to his face. "And if you are so worried about my wellbeing, you should keep an eye on me. It shouldn't be hard for you, seeing as how you never look away. Or perhaps how you always seem to be near."

"You've been drinking." Crow's eyes narrowed as he sniffed.

"So have you," Sun retorted with pride. She withdrew from being mere inches from his face and spotted a woman walking around the room with goblets on a tray. "And I think I'll have another."