VII: Improbability

Start from the beginning

"Oh my God, who is he?" Abby always knew when you were lying. Okay, this time it was very obvious you were and pretty sure anyone could tell. You sighed in defeat, knowing you have no choice to tell her.

***

"And you went to meet him yesterday in the woods in the middle of the night? Nah, not creepy at all." You gave death glare to Abby, making her raise her hands in defeat. "Just saying."

You just shook your head and continued to eat, while falling in your thoughts. After short silence Abby started: "On Friday, right after school, we're going shopping, and I'm paying."

"Abby-" you started, but were immediately cut off by her. "Nuh uh, it's your first real date, I want you to look great," Abby raised her hand. "I won't take no for an answer."

When it comes to helping someone out, Abby never takes no for an answer. She really likes to help and in return get that sweet 'thank you'.

You just looked at your bestfriend who was giving you annoying smile, but it didn't irritate you. It actually made you smile, knowing that you have such a good friend, that will always be by your side.

"So, uh my friend," Louis popped out of blue, making both of your attentions set on him. "A really good childhood friend, will come to visit me on Saturday. So I thought, I could make a little party for us. I'm also invinting you, girls," Louis' eyes wandered from Abby to you and back to Abby. Abby looked at you and you both nodded your heads in sync.

"I'll be there," you said, Abby just smiled at him and kept nodding her head.

"Also," Louis gained our attentions looking now at us a little more serious. "He is a celebrity, pretty known actually."

"Oh my God," Abby's eyes popped and she straightened her back in excitment, being a huge fangirl herself. "What's his name?"

Louis glared at her a little. He definitely didn't like Abby's fangirling over men celebrity, but he still answered. "Tom Holland, have you heard of him?"

"Yes, omg, he is the newest Spiderman," she said in excitment, you and Louis looked at eachother in a little annoyance, of Abby's behaviour. "What?!" Abby asked. "This is so cool, I have never met a real celebrity!" Then Abby remembered something, her face became serious and she poked you.

"Ow," you said, but Abby didn't listen to you and looked at you slightly angrily."Remember, when we wanted to go to that movie? You bailed on me at the last second!"

"I had to help my mom, it was urgent!" you said in your defence.

"Do you know him though?"

"No," you said.

"You would, if you would go to the movie with me."

"We talked about this, Abby."

Abby shook her head and changed her attitude. "Yeah, sorry." After short pause she continued with the fangirling. "I'm gonna show you how he lo-", but she was cut off by the school's bell, that rang loudly making all of you flinch a little and get up slowly, when it stopped.

"I'll show you later."

***

Abby forgot to show you his picture and you didn't want to ask. When you will see him, then you will see how he looks like, it's not like seeing his picture will make a difference or anything.

Next day, you decided to wake up earlier and go for a run. It's not like you really needed it, you just wanted to clear out your head and after running, you feel so much better.

So you took your Nikes, that you bought in thrift store for a really good price, and put on your sport wear. Took your earphones and a music player, that Abby got you for your 18th birthday, and you were ready to go.

City wasn't so crowded yet, but you still wanted to breathe fresher air, so you ran into forest.

You usually like to listen some more peaceful and chill songs, but when it comes doing sports, you like listening rock. Starting with AC DC ending with The Neighborhood.

As you listened to these hyped up songs, you could feel adrenaline. It flowed in your blood, making you run faster and faster, trying to escape the world.

You took deeper breath, to feel the fresh air in your lungs and that was your mistake, because as you took that deep breath, your hip started to burn. The burning was so horrible, that you decided to stop and walk for a bit. You took out your earphones, stopped the music and listened to the forest.

Birds were chirping loudly, trying to be louder than the city, that still was heard, although you were in forest. Your steps were quiet, but you could hear leaves rubbing your shoes and a little sticks breaking.

You started to hear waters running, you concluded that you are already by the waterfall. You went by it and took some water in your hands and washed face with it, feeling as the cold and refreshing water touched your face skin. It felt good.

After few seconds of staying in the same position, you got up and put your earphones in and turned on your music.

As you ran, the hip didn't burn anymore and you were happy that it didn't, because you don't have that much time to walk to home.

You started thinking about this week, the date you have on Friday and the party on the Saturday. A date with a hottie and meeting with a famous celebrity! This all seems unbelievable. Things are doing so great.

As you thought about Thomas, you could feel something in your belly. You have no idea what it is, but every time when you think about him, you could feel that something and it somehow felt so good.

Thoughts about Thomas still roamed and the most peaceful song on your playlist started to play. One of your favorite songs - I wanna be yours by Arctic Monkeys.

His face features appeared in your mind. His dark chocolate eyes, his adorable smile, that showed his perfect shade of white teeth, his auburn hair, his-

🎶 Maybe I just wanna be yours 🎶

The irony.

Author: