IV: Curiousness

Playlist: 1. Cherry Cola - Jon Kuwada

                  2. On my mind - Jorja Smith X Preditah

Your POV

"Ouch," you said, when hot oil sparks fell on your arm. You woke up early today, because you wanted to surprise mom with her favorite omlet. While the omlet fried, you put water to boil.

This day you will spend with your mom, because you want to see her happy more often and you want that tired frown out of her face for good. And yesterday, you didn't spend it with her. Starting this day with good mood.

When the omlet was ready, you put it on the plate and poured boiling water in the tea cup with tea bag. Then you put everything on the tray and came to mother's room with your sweet surprise.

Tom's POV

Today was a long day, but fun at the same time. I talked with Robert and the rest of the Avengers cast at the Comic Con. I took pictures with fans and now I am very tired. I was tired from the very begging of the day, because I decided to have a hard workout in the morning. Not good idea if you have a long day ahead.

I will stay a little longer at this part of the USA, because I want to visit my childhood friend. We wanted to catch up for some time now, but I was pretty busy and those little times I was free, he was busy. Luckily, I'm pratically free next week, only a few interviews.

Now me and Harrison are driving back to our hotel. Harrison is by the wheel, he noticed I was thinking, and he wanted to start converstation, because he doesn't like to be silent for too long.

"So... you never said about what were you thinking when you smiled so awkwardly yesterday," he started while his gaze turned on me then on the road. I looked at him with the dude-are-you-serious look, but didn't say anything. I thought, that he was joking.

"What?" He raised his eyebrows and laughed a bit. "I'm just curious, why won't you tell me?" I looked at him in amusement and just shook my head. Dude won't drop it.

"Was it a girl?" When he saw my eyes widen, he smirked and his grip on the wheel loosened. "I know you man," he pointed his finger to himself. "You can't hide anything from me," he pointed at me. I just smiled amusingly, but then my smile dropped and my gaze left Harrison and landed on my feet.

"Does it matter, if I won't see her again?"

Harrison looked at me with knowing smile and patted my shoulder: "You will, I know it."

After short silence he smirked devilishly and asked: "So, what's her name?"

"[Y/n]."

"That's a hot name," he pulled out a pedo smile on his face and bounced his eyebrows.

"Oh shut up, will you?"

Your POV

"Oh my God, mom, you can have a piece of cake sometimes, you won't get fat from one piece!" You said to your mother, sliding a piece of cake to her side of the table, after she refused to eat it and sliding it to your side of the table.

"You like to spoil me, and I like to spoil you, so go on, have some," you said, while looking in her eyes.

"You have spoiled me all day, I think it's enough," she said cautiously and tried not to look at the beautiful cake, because she knows, that she couldn't refuse, her favorite cake, if she would look at it. So you decided to use strategy.

You took the fork and took small piece of the cake and put it in your mouth slowly. As expected, mother looked at you and you looked in her eyes and slowly ate the cake, while giving her a chubby face: "But it's SO delicious."

Mom couldn't take this anymore and took fork from your hand harshly and began eating the cake. You giggled a little at the sight. Your mother is a neat lady, but when it comes to cakes, she just can't take it.

The cake soon was gone and she just looked at you with where-did-the-cake-go look. And you shrugged and giggled once more. You are so happy, that you devoted a day just for her.

A couple of your age walked in the cafe. You didn't keep your gaze on them and immediately returned it back to mom, but her eyes stayed there for a while. And something came out of her mouth, that you didn't expect.

"Why don't you have a boyfriend?" she asked in a real shock.

"What?" you almost choked on your tea, you and mom never talk about relationships. This is the first time you hear mom saying a name 'boyfriend'.

"I mean, you are beautiful, selfless, kind, loving-"

"Mom, stop," you cut her off, it was kind of nice to get compliments, but not on this case. You don't really like to talk about your relationship with boys, because you don't have one. Except that one time Logan tried to rape you. You gulped a clew, that tried to make you cry thinking about it. You will need to tell mom about this, but you don't want to ruin the moment.

"I'm just curious," she said and drank her tea. "There must be a guy, you like."

You kept silent. Thoughts about Logan and clew faded and a smile, that you didn't notice, tugged on your lips. Mom noticed it: "Who is he?" Mom asked and smiled at me. Mom acts like she is your age friend, that is having a girl talk. This type of talk between you and mom has never been.

"Uhmm," his face suddenly popped in your mind. You tried not think about that cute smile and perfect hair, and the veiny arms, but you couldn't. "He is British, kind, good-looking..." you said dreamily.

Mom watched you and smiled a bit, giving you a look to continue: "Sounds good to me."

But then you thought about it. You saw him once. Once! Why are you so drawn into him, when you met him only once, you don't even know him! Is this love from first sight? Bullshit. You never believed in it, and even if that was true, then there is like no chance to see him again.

World is too big.

You shook your head sharply and smile from your lips faded: "I saw him like once, and there is no way I will see Thomas again."

Your mom raised eyebrows: "You even know his name," she slurped tea and smiled at you knowingly. "I wouldn't be so sure."

Author: This is a little cheesy, but tell me guys, what do you think about the story so far?