The Heist

Harley woke up early the next morning. She opened her eyes and saw that Ivy was gone. She sighed as she got up. "Just another mirage" she thought to herself as she went into the kitchen. Sunlight slowly poured into the room through the window. She stepped over the trash and the dirty laundry as she walked. Ivy left a note on the counter, saying that she went to her personal greenhouse. She read the note and sighed in relief. She exited the kitchen and plopped down onto the couch, turning on the TV. The news was discussing the robbery of one of the various jewelry stores of Gotham. She smirked to herself as they talked about her get away, relaxing into the cushions. She would have to go and pick up her stash but it could wait. She turned off the TV and went to the window. She climbed out and onto the fire escape. She went up to the roof, seeing that the previously abandoned greenhouse had its door open. She went to it and leaned in the doorway, watching Ivy work. The walls were lined with vines and various counters were covered in dirt. Plants and budding flowers lay astray on the floor. Ivy was replanting the flowers, mumbling to them softly. Harley couldn't help but smile.

        "Enjoying yourself Red?" Harley asked as she went farther into the small room.

        "Always," she replied with a grin. "Though I don't understand why a majority of the plants are on the floor."

        "Well there were a few storms while you were away. Definitely enough wind to knock shit around and all," Harley shrugged. Ivy sighed and continued repotting the plants.

        "Making me do extra work," she grumbled softly to herself.

        "Oh you'll be just fine. Barely any work on your part." Ivy just rolled her eyes and continued working.

        "Tonight is the Gotham Art Auction. Are we gonna make an appearance?" Ivy asked, looking back at Harley. Harley raised a slight eyebrow.

        "Am I allowed to go out for a job?" she asked.

        "Probably, it's not the worst thing. You won't have to run very much since we'll have my car," Ivy shrugged.

        "Once you're done, come downstairs. We can plot and prepare for the art haul" Harley replied before turning around and heading back downstairs.

        Harley zipped up her costume and pulled on her boots. "You ready Ivy?" she asked as she put on her mask. She stuffed rope into her bag before looking at Ivy. Ivy nodded as she tied up her hair.

        "I'll go in first. I mean no one suspects a shy scientist after all" she winked as she put on her trench coat, covering her outfit. Her auburn hair was kept beneath an elegant sun hat.

        "And I'll be in the rafters, waiting for your move" Harley answered as she got into Ivy's convertible. Ivy got in and drove to the northern end of Gotham. Cars lined up the street; practically the entire city was in this one spot. Ivy drove to the back entrance and parked near the back. The two got out and Ivy covered the car with shrubbery. Ivy went inside and blended amongst the crowd. All walks of life were wandering inside, looking at the various pieces for sale. She kept close to the walls, her eyes focused on the ceiling.

        Harley popped open the grate to an air vent before crawling inside. "Fucking shit needs to get cleaned" she thought to herself. She crawled through until she found a vent that was a part of the main room of the gallery. She pulled the grate to the side and crawled out to the rafters. She slipped along the beams, heading towards the back stage without a sound. Ivy gave her a nod and Harley dropped smoke pellets as she ran. As smoke filled the room, Harley tied rope around the farthest back rafter and slid down it.

        "Sorry to break up your party!" Harley yelled as she hopped onto the stage. Ivy removed her hat and trench coat as she sauntered to the stage. The crowd gasped in horror as Ivy pulled the owner close and gave him a deep kiss. He fell to the ground once the toxins set in. The two started to take paintings and then took off, the crowd too shocked to do anything. They made it to the car and quickly removed the cover. The paintings were tossed in the backseat and Harley took the wheel. Ivy got in and they took off, leaving the lot as the sirens started to go off. Ivy smirked and rubbed Harley's shoulder. She slowly started to relax, easing up on the steering wheel as they grew closer to home.

        "To home!" Ivy yelled over the wind.

        "No, we're going to the White House ya dipstick," Harley retorted. Ivy smacked the back of her head. "I will turn this car around!" she yelled as she pulled up to the apartment building. She came to a stop but kept the engine running.

        "No, we're already home." Ivy replied while rolling her eyes. Harley smirked and shifted in reverse and started driving. "Harley."

        "That's my name, don't wear it out."

        "Home is forward."

        "I know. And I told you I would turn this car around," Harley smirked. She pulled out and started moving forward.

        "I swear to fucking God. If you get us incarcerated, I will never talk to you again" Ivy growled. Harley kept quiet and continued driving. She turned around and drove away from both the museum and the apartment building. "Now where are you taking me?" Ivy grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest. Harley smirked and took her hat and mask off, tossing them in the back.

        "Just be patient kid. You'll enjoy it either way."