II

—————————————————————————

to say that yugyeom was utterly amazed was an understatement.

he looked at the star boy in front of him with curious eyes.

he shook it off, realizing that this was not the time to be staring right into the boy since the poor thing was so shaken up from his past counter.

"what are you doing here though? do you have a home? do you know your parents number?"

the taller one asked the small boy, a soft smile on his face as he really did not want to scare the poor thing.

unfortunately, the star boy shook his head.

"m-my mom and dad a-are in space. t-they were astronauts, b-but something happened and n-now i don't have a home o-or anything,"

the star boy couldn't help but stutter. he wasn't quite used to the kindness of someone. especially after that someone had seen how he look with the numerous stars that were scattered around his body and face.

kunpimook kept his gaze down to the ground, not sure if it was okay to meet eyes with the other boy.

yugyeom smiled, reaching over and ruffling the boy's hair.

"lets go back to my dorm, and get you cleaned up. after that, we can think about how we're gonna fix this little problem. can you walk?"

kunpimook, although a little hesitant, nodded his head. he didn't know why, but his instincts just told him to let the boy help. well, i mean, if it wasn't for the giant, he'd still be getting beaten to death by those other dudes.

he started getting up from the floor, successfully doing so. he began taken baby steps, but hissed loudly at his swollen ankle and tumbled down to the floor.

yugyeom hurriedly helped him up.

"well, with that ankle, you're not gonna be able to get anywhere. just jump on my back, okay? you're gonna have to hold on to my back pack for me though,"

he squatted down, making it easier for kunpimook to hope and his back and then grab onto his book bag.

yugyeom began his journey back to his dorm, completely forgetting about the sweets he was planning to buy at the nearby cafe as he walked through the streets.

"you might wanna hide your face on my shoulder. we need to pass by the science department and all those students are extremely curious. i wouldn't want them to torment you, okay?"

yugyeom mumbled to the boy on his back, adjusting his weight on his back as he reach the gates to his school.

he didn't get much of a response, only a simple nod and the boy hiding his face in the crook of yugyeom's neck.

yugyeom shuddered slightly at the feeling of kunpimook's breath on his neck. kunpimook seemed to notice as he didn't move his head at all.

"okay, we're going through the science department,"

yugyeom muttered, ignoring all the weird stares they weren't getting. it's not a daily thing seeing one of tallest freshmen carrying a kid on his back when he was known to be a bit close off.

specially, when said freshmen literally almost never started skinship unless it was with an specific five other boys.

talking about those boys, yugyeom's fear was heightened when he heard his name be yelled out by a voice he knew, very, very well.

"yah! kim yugyeom! where the hell were you, you freaking mushroom!"

yugyeom stopped in his tracks, begging to whoever was up above that he just heard things and that his best friends were not calling out to him.

"yah! it's rude to not respond to your elders,"

and like his worries, jackson was right in front of him, the rest of his group of friends right behind him.

kunpimook just tightened his grip on the male he was on, not knowing what was happening and not knowing if he should be worried.

"sorry hyung,"

yugyeom mumbled, looking down towards the male, hoping that they'd just let him pass.

"who's that on your back yuggie?"

and of course, sunshine boy youngjae had to ask.

"uh, my friend. he's drunk so i'm just bringing him back to his dorm,"

yugyeom lied through his teeth, a small smile on his face as he tried convincing his friend.

"what are you talking about? neither of you smell like alcohol, and i've never seen a white haired boy in our school,"

'fucking hell jinyoung,' yugyeom thought, clenching his jaw slightly.

"tell us what's going on gyeom,"

jaebum raised an eyebrow, looking towards the youngest with a serious face.

"okay, but let's go to my dorm. we can't talk here,"

yugyeom sighed, deciding to just give up as he began walking towards his dorm.