{15} That dream.

"Hey sweetheart, could you grab the milk please?" My mother asks, cracking an egg, putting it into the mixing bowl.

"Here you go mommy!"

Her hands. They're shaking. Why? Why is mommy's hands shaking? Is she cold?

"This cake is going to be perfect!" I exclaim, straining to look over the counter at the mix. Being a small 5 year old is pretty rough. Especially if you aren't even 4 feet tall. 

"Mommy's going to be r-right back." Not even sparing a single glance, she walks away, a hand on her forehead. She's been acting weird lately. I hope she's okay. 

"Okay mom"

Wondering what was taking so long, I walk off, almost walking into her room. But something stopped me from entering. Something I wish I never heard.

"Every time she looks at me, h-her quirk! That damned quirk of hers!" 

Why is she yelling on the phone? Is she talking to dad?

My. Quirk? What about it?

"I keep seeing, myself. Myself dying! In the worst ways imaginable! I don't know what to do."

Peeking through the door, I see the phone shaking in her hand, back facing me. 

Mommy loves me. I know she does, and I love her too!

"Mommy?."

It all happened so fast.

The look of terror and, fear in her eyes. The loud shattering noise coming from the window and glass flying everywhere. 

The blood. Staining the cream colored carpet.

And.

Her falling to the floor. The phone flying out of her hand and landing right in front of me. Someone still on the phone.

"Mommy?"

No. Please.

She's all I have left.

You can't take her away from me. I need her.

I. need her!

---

"The USJ facility.."

"Attack.."

"All Might..."

All. Might..?

"Look who's waking up."

Tomura.

Flinging my eyelids open, it was difficult to understand my surroundings. My vision was blurry and I couldn't really see to far away without my glasses. Wanting to rub the fog from them, I lift my hands, but feel something itchy and rough around my wrists.

Once I could see, I look down, rope wrapping around my torso and wrists, causing me to struggle.

"There's no use."

I look towards the voice, seeing that stupid hand that I hate. He steps closer, leaning down in front of me, our eyes reaching the same level. The hatred I had for this man was over the moon.

"It's nice to see you again and, my, haven't you grown up?" He chuckles, dragging a finger along side my cheek.

"Don't touch me."

Jerking, I turn my head towards the bar, noticing that something around my eyes. Glasses?

"Ah! So you've noticed our new invention. They were specifically designed for you." he laughs under his breath, making him seem like a freak.

What the hell..?

"We know about your quirk. We've known since the day you left. Even the year you spent all by yourself on the streets." He grabs a stool from the bar and places it in front of me, sitting on it. 

"And your point?"

"We took a long time while you were away to research, and we learned how to cancel out your quirk. With these little things right here, you can't use it~" He brings a finger up, placing it on the bridge of the glasses.

What-

"Go ahead, try using your quirk... Or have you already?"

He leans back, taking in the horrified look on my face.

I did try. But nothing worked.

With these glasses, I can't use my quirk. I don't even see my things in sight.

Shaking them off is no good. It feels as though, they're tied around my head. It's tied a little to tight and is snagging my hair. 

"What are you going to do now, wannabe hero~?"

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~
Word count: 636