"So," I initiated. "This is kind of a lot of work, and it's due in three weeks, when do you want to work on it?"

     "How about Friday after school?" He suggested. "We can work on it at my house."

     "Sure." I replied and I thought the conversation was over until Tyson said something else.

     "But I don't do girlfriends, so don't get any ideas." He said with a scowl.

     "No problem there." I sneered and we didn't speak a word to each other for the rest of class.

     I wanted to be Tyson's friend, not his girlfriend.

     When the period was over, I said bye to Adam who had soccer practice after school and made my way to my locker and then outside to the lot.

     It was only then that I realized I didn't have keys and Laurie and Carter had cheerleading and football practices and Hayden had a doctor's appointment, so I was stuck without a ride. Normally I would've driven home and picked up the twins when they finished their practices, but that evidently wasn't an option without keys.

     I must've looked like a deer in the headlights as I stood on the sidewalk trying to figure out what to do about my situation. If Carter had the keys, I wasn't allowed to go in the boy's locker room to get them, and if Laurie had the keys, I didn't have her locker combo to get them. There was no winning.

     I heard someone clear their throat behind me and I immediately whipped around to see who it was.

     None other than Tyson Flynn. Just my freaking luck.

     "You've been standing here staring for five minutes, the lot's almost empty. Do you need a ride?" He asked. He was being nice, too nice, and I knew there had to be some kind of ulterior motive.

     But it was either Tyson or walk, so it looked like I had no choice.

     "Sure, thanks." I replied, earning a smirk from Tyson. Sometimes I just wanted to smack that smirk off of his face.

     "Anytime." He said with a mischievous grin. "Let's go, I'm over here."

     I followed him across the entire lot until we stopped in front of a black motorcycle.

     Oh hell no.

     "Get on." He instructed coldly, his demeanor changing completely as he pointed to his shiny black bike.

     "There's no way in hell I'm getting on that hunk of metal." I said firmly with my arms crossed tightly over my chest, giving him my best 'are you freaking serious?' look.

     "Scared much?" He taunted with a smirk.

     "Douchebag much?" I snapped.

     "Ha! So the good girl says a bad word!" He mocked, dramatically throwing his hand over his mouth.

     "Just give me the damn helmet." I scowled and sat down on the bike once I put the helmet on.

     Tyson sat in front of me and pulled my arms around his body, strategically placing my hands on his abs. I could feel him laughing against me as my body went rigid.

     Could he get any more arrogant?

     "Where do you live?" He asked, turning his head back to me.

     "Go left out of here and take a left onto Oak, and my house is number 21. It'll be on your right."

     Tyson didn't even respond to me, he just started up the motorcycle and raced out of the school parking lot.

     Riding on the motorcycle was slightly exhilarating, but I wasn't about to admit that to him.

     As I rested my head against Tyson's back and watched the trees breeze by beside me, I realized I loved the way the wind blew through my hair and the loud noise the motorcycle made as it moved. Although it was loud, there was something peaceful about riding on the back of his bike and I knew I was going to miss it once I got off, and I hated myself for it.

     When Tyson pulled into my driveway and turned off the bike, I handed him my helmet with wobbly legs.

     Before I could thank him, Tyson burst out, "Looks like we're neighbors, Lyddie!"

     I felt the color drain from my face and I was frozen in my place. How had I never known?

     "Uh, thanks for the ride. I gotta go." I mumbled quickly.

     "Looks like we'll be seeing a lot more of each other now!" He called as stepped inside my front door and dropped my bag.

     It was gonna be a long seven months until graduation.