"Lady? Who was it?"

"She said she was family, her name was Silvia." Said the doctor.

"Thank you doctor. No more visitors for the rest if his visit." I told him and headed towards my dad's room.

"My mom Chris. Silvia is my mom. I told her to stay away from him, I know something like this would happen."

"Why do you think she came?" Chris asked.

"I'm not really sure."

Chris offered to stay outside until I checked on him and we talked. When I walked in my dad was asleep, his left arm was bandaged up, with an iv pumping blood slowly into his body. There was a young lady sat in the corner reading a book. She looked up as I walked in.

"I'm Lisa, I keep an eye on your dad during the day." She said with a smile.

"Thank you, can I have a few minutes."

She just nodded and left. I sat on the side if the bed and held his hand and placed my other hand on his bandaged arm. I just stared at him for a few minutes and wondered how his life got to the point he needed to drink, and then to the point he felt the need twice to try and take his life. I want him here when Chris and I decide to get married, to meet and play with his grandchildren, to be a dad to me that he never was growing up. For him to get a job, and live a stable life. Maybe for him to find a new love and settle down. God knows he deserves it after the life he has had. His own doing I know that, but everyone should get a chance to do it over if they choose.

"What are you doing here?" My dad asked as he opened his eyes and seen me sitting there.

"I came to check on you, to see if there is anything you wanted to take with you and the told me mom was here, she gave you alcohol and then you tried to kill yourself! Why dad?" I tried not to cry.

"I have nothing to stay on this earth for Nancy. I lost your mom a long time ago, and I'm losing you, your mother just reminded me of that." He turned and looked out the window.

"I'll deal with mom later, right now we are going to get you help. I'm not going anywhere dad, I want you here and healthy for when.." I paused and decided to tell him.

"For when I get married."

"Married. What? I didn't even know you were seeing someone." He looked shocked.

"You have had your own thing going on for a long time dad, but you don't have to be alone anymore. Chris and I are going to bring you to rehab in a few days, and in 3 weeks I'll be moving to New York with Chris to be closer to you, and to go to school. We can be a family again." Tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Don't cry. Tell me about school, and Chris." I was now the one who was shocked. Never in my life has my dad asked me anything other than to get him a drink.

"Would you like to meet him?" I couldn't help but smile, this was going so much better than I hoped for.

"I'd love to meet the man who has made my daughter so happy." He said.

I leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek and told him I'd be right back. I went out into the hallway but Chris was not there. Getting ready to walk down the hall I seen him coming with 3 coffee and a bag.

"I asked the nurse if your dad was aloud to have anything. She said it was ok. I got us tea and muffins." Je said holding up the coffee and bag.

I walked towards him, wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. He has been so good threw all of this, I'm happy he is here, I don't know if I could do it alone.