"fuck you too asshole!" she yelled. mike felt his heart beat faster and faster.

"are you alright?" max asked moving in front of him, her voice already brought down from just yelling.

mike took a deep breath and nodded his head "yeah. barely, thank you"

max stepped to his side "now we're even" they both smiled and hopped into the car with the others.

"what'd you get" dustin asked eagerly.

max giggled "burgers and fries, we can make milkshakes at home" mike said.

dustin licked his lips "i'm dying to feast" he said. the entire car cracked up, dustin made a face.

"what?" he asked, clearly not getting the joke.

will looked at him and sighed "it's nothing". dustin shrugged his shoulders and listened to the music playing in the car. mike held the food close to him and sat there and thought about his mom and the secrets she was keeping. letting his imagination get the best of him.

"wheeler!" max said scaring him out of his thoughts "we're here."

the two brought the food into the house and placed it on the table for everyone to eat. karen was walking down the stairs and saw the teens eating their food.

"mike can i talk to you?" mike looked her way and went up to her.

"what now?" he asked irritated.

"i have to be somewhere else for a while but i'll be back as fast as i can"

mike rolled his eyes "why?"

karen looked him up and down, in a way that was almost a warning. "not that it's any of your business." she began. "but my friend judy is in the ER and i need to see her."

mike rolled his eyes "whatever. i didn't want you here anyway". Karen sighed and went to kiss his cheek but mike pulled back and walked away, plopping himself next to will.

'She is dressed way too nice to be going to the ER' he thought making a disgusted face.

"what was that all about?" will asked.

mike sat up straight " it's nothing" dustin dipped his fry in mike's ketchup.

"didn't look like nothing" dustin said before tossing the fry from his mouth. mike looked to make sure it was just the party around before continuing.

"i think my moms cheating on my dad" everybody's happy demeanor dropped, their softer expressions becoming hard like stone.

"why do you think that?" lucas asked breaking the silence.

"she's always going out, night and day running errands or whatever, and she always comes back with the smell of cologne on her that makes my nose hairs burn." will brought his face down to the table to avoid laughing.

max bit her lip "if you really think she's cheating let's follow her" mike was surprised,  it was so crazy it might work.

"ok yeah, but how do we find her?"

max tapped her fingers on the table "didn't you say she always fixes her makeup in the car before she leaves?"