Though I spend my days in conversation

Two week advance

John's P.O.V.

School was starting again, hooray! Yeah, hooray, my behind. I hate school! Especially after my last teacher wrote on my reportcard: On the road to failure. Psh, John Lennon, fail?

So anywho, where was I? Oh yes, me an' Sophie. Yes, we now spend a lot of time together, but I haven't asked her out. Yet. And I know you're probably thinking Wow John, grow a pair and ask her out! Well, y'see, it's not that easy.

So last week or so, after the first night at the Cavern. So I was at the market, getting some food for Mimi, yeah? Then I see Sophie there.

"'Lo, Sophie!" I say, strolling over to her.

"Oh John!" she said with a bit of a panicked look on her face

"What?" I asked impatiently.

"Oh it was a good thing I caught you! So, you know how you were going to take me to the Cavern tonight?" she asked hurriedly.

"Yeah?"

"Well, my mother said 'You better not be planning to go with that John, I thought I told you last night to stay away from him.' and I said 'Yeah, you said that, but John's a good person. It's not like he wants to get me in bed with him!'"

At this, I blushed, even though it was true.

"Then I said, 'Well, I'm going back to the Cavern tonight', and she said 'If I catch you with John, you are banned from ever going to the Cavern!'" she paused to catch her breath, "So what'll we do?"

I thought for a second. "You sneak there? Or we meet half way, or do something else."

"I thought that too, but I'm sure mom has spies, or something," Sophie said, disappointed.

I grab her hands. "Well, yer mum can't stop us from being together!"

Sophie laughed nervously, she was probably still not sure about me, and tugged her hands out of mine. "Sure, John."

Then I got a fab idea. "Hey, what if I send one of my mate's girlfriend to come and get you? Will that work?"

"Brilliant!" Sophie says excitedly, "I can't wait for tonight! Oh, I've gotta go now!"

"Ok," I said, then gave her a kiss on the cheek.

She turned pink, then bid me goodbye, then rushed out of the market.

Maybe I'm leading her on a little too much. Or just making her nervous... Hmm...

Sophie's P.O.V.

As I hurry home with the groceries,  I think John is a little wild for me. Like, seriously,  what's with all the kissing? Or is this just the norm?

I shake it out of my head. Mom was taking me out school shopping, so I had to clear my mind. Five stores, four bags, three hours, two car rides, and a shopping trip later, I finally get back to where I belong. I put on another dress and do my makeup. Now all I have to do is wait for the girl to come and get me. I finally hear the doorbell ring.

I run downstairs to open the door, but mom beat me to it.

"Hello. And you are?" mom asked.

"I'm Astrid," the girl replied. (A.N. I know Astrid didn't come till Hamburg,  but don't get your panties in a twist! It just works)

"Astrid!" I say a little too loudly, and hug her like we were long lost friends.

"Hey Sophie! Ready to go?" Astrid asked pointedly.