25. Wakey wakey by the gents

Karim's POV

It was pleasant to wake up to a warm body lying on me, curled in a fetal position. The moment was perfect if you overlooked the fact that I couldn't feel any of my fingers or toes. And that's exactly what I did, I enjoyed the fact that Patricia was sleeping on my chest. Then I remembered that there's a chance that Mr Ambrose could be lying somewhere, turned into an icicle. I should wake Patsy up and go look for him. I looked at the sleeping beauty on top of me.

Nah, he'll manage or he's already dead. That's something I wouldn't be able to help with anyway.

My conclusion made me satisfied and I was just about to doze off when the bundle that was being held in between my arms started stirring. She woke up and I removed my arms from around her as to not provoke an enraged reaction. "Good morning." I greeted. I cleared my throat because my voice seemed much lower than I'm used to. Patricia seemed a bit baffled, maybe she, just as I did, though that last night was a dream.

"'Morning." She answered. Then an awkward silence came over.

"Eurm" I cleared my throat again "We should go looking for the sahib." As the option of staying inside the cave wasn't possible any longer, at least if I wanted to keep my face bruise-free, the only other option was to return to my responsibility.

"And Lilly." She added. I looked at her, a bit confused. "We'll go looking for Mr Stone-faced freak and Lilly."

"As soon as we'll find the sahib, we'll have found the ifrit." There's no way Mr Ambrose would leave the devil alone in a storm.

Now, aside from that, how are we going to get out of here?

------

A lot of digging later, thanks to the snow the storm provided, we wormed our way out of our tunnel. The white carpet of snow reflected the rays of the sun, providing a blinding effect. I held a hand above my eyes to shield them from the brightness and I looked around for any kind of clue as to where we are or where Mr Ambrose may be.

"Nothing," Patsy spoke the words I was repeating in my mind. "Absolutely nothing" She repeated. "How do you suggest we find them, huh, any traces they could've left are covered by this blasted snow!"

"Stay calm and we'll figure something out." I tried to reassure her.

She clapped her hands "Hah!" She laughed "That's exactly what men say in a hopeless situation in any kind of romance!"

She was busy making fun of me when I managed to see something in the distance. "Look" I showed her, "Do you see that smoke?" Her antics came to a halt and she turned her face to where I pointed.

Thirty seconds passed, she squinted her eyes to splits.

Another ten seconds went by.

"Nope, sorry, I can't see anything and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to see anything in the near future." She sighed "You know that feeling that you get when you look at the sun out of curiosity, I'm having that feeling at this instance." I snorted, imagining Patricia while she was staring at the sun as a child.

"I can see it so I suggest we head that way." I picked up my luggage and started preparing myself for the walk. "Let's go," I said and set out into the cold.

"Wait!" Patsy stopped me. I faced her. "I know this really isn't the time but I think I'm going to faint if I won't consume any kind of food this hour." She looked ashamed to be asking this but she still did it with an impressive certainty.

"Sure, do you have any preferences?" I may not have many provisions but I want to make her feel comfortable.

"No, anything would be fine." She said. I went to take some dried meat out when she said something that made me laugh. "But you wouldn't coincidentally have any solid chocolate with you, would you?" That's the moment I realized women love solid chocolate.

After Patricia ate enough so she wouldn't collapse any time soon we were off to the direction I saw the smoke coming from.

–/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Mr Ambrose's POV (this is just a try and I'll change it if you don't like it)

I was awake for one hour, four minutes and thirty-six seconds. Maybe it's time to wake Mr Linton up, yesterday wasn't that exhausting. Eight hours of sleep should definitely suffice, sleeping any longer would be a waste of perfectly usable time. Yes, I need to wake my secretary.

Looking down at my little troublemaker my heart experienced something akin to a twinge.

Maybe the snowstorm wore her out more than I thought it did. I'll give her five more mi- No, she's wasting precious time of the expedition, we still have to find Karim and Miss Cusack!

My arms grasped her shoulders to shake her but I stopped when she snuggled into my chest. And my heart. My mind added.

Argh, alright, just five more minutes and not a second longer.

-

As the seconds passed I watched- no, examined her feminine features so I'd be able to prevent being fooled by a woman in men's clothes again.

Sure, because that is very likely to happen.

Better be prepared for anything. But I'm not staring at her in her sleep because I think her looks are adequate. Or beautiful, alluring, ravishing, exquisite and they are not making me want to kiss her again!

I let my watch clap open.

Five minutes and three seconds have gone by.

Ah, to hell with it!

And I let my face descend to hers.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Hello,

I'm just back from the first month of the summer vacation!

I'll try writing during the next two weeks but I'll have to do with my phone and notebook so we'll see.

A few questions:

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE AMBROSE PART?????

DO YOU LIKE HOW KATSY IS DEVELOPING????

IS ANYBODY EXCITED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER OF SIR ROB?

I certainly am. :)

Feel free to voice any of your suggestions, I'd like it if my readers helped me write this story.

Please vote if you liked the chapter, it makes me really happy and eager to write more.