11. The not so unbreakable Patsy

Lilly's POV

Our group was currently attending the lectures of a few chauvinistic bastards, this reminded me of a specific one.

Oh, not this crap again, stop it you unfaithful piece of meat that is supposed to be my brain!

Now i thank the man that was blabbering such nonsense that I had to stop that trail of thoughts as I was forced to protest by the feminist inside of me. "You chauvinistic pig! How dare you say that women are supposed to stayed locked inside their house after they are bound to a man! I hope you'll rot in hell in a small room where you won't have anything except a needle and thread!"

Proud of my speech I turned to my friends, Eve was encouraging me by throwing some very unladylike words at the man while Flora was timidly waving her banner. The one I expected to hear a similar speech from, the uncontrollable Patsy, was standing still, staring off into the distance. Her stance looked quiet familiar. Who was it that she resembled?

Why would she be doing nothing, while she could give the men their deserved torture? Was she worrying about something? Maybe she had to go to a ball this evening, but it isn't like her at all. What would be serious enough to be her main priority while we were performing a protest?

I have to find out, but not before these excuses of gentlemen suffer some more.

--------------------------

"What has been occupying your thoughts lately? I had to ask, we were now on our usual bench after some of the men went to the police to have us taken away, after we used our charms the officer let us go with a warning, just like most of the times.

"Nothing, I couldn't sleep yesterday." The first part was a lie every friend could see through, the second part could actually be true, sadly.

"What's been bugging your mind? You can tell us, we're always here for you if you need us, Patsy." She looked hesitant. It was really weird saying this to her, she's one of the strongest women I know, just as the hero from my favorite book she was one of them.

"Drop it, Lilly. It isn't that bad." She gritted her teeth, but who was I to listen to someone's order? I wouldn't be an ifrit then, would I? "I'll keep pushing until you spill, that's what friends are for. Right, girls?" Hopefully they would help me out, Patsy is one hard nut to crack.

"Yeah, Lill is right, Patsy, we won't step down until we know what's going wrong in your life." Eve started, she probably is as curious as I am. "Yeah, Patsy, maybe we can help you." Flora added, not as strong as Eve and I, but that did it. Three to one isn't a fair fight, but that also isn't what we wanted. We wanted answers and we would get them. I could even use a few of those torture techniques Karim told me about, if she didn't reveal as much as needed.

Apparently those were for another time as Patsy broke her wall down and something came out of her eye and slid down her cheek. What was she doing? The sudden thought came into my mind. 'What if she's crying?'

No, that simply isn't possible. The world had to come to an end before Patsy would cry. Well, I guess we should say our farewells because I saw another one and it was definitely a tear. What should I do now? How should I comfort her, what did others do when I was crying, what did I crave for in such situations?

I craved chocolate, but I craved chocolate the whole time, so it wasn't something new. I went for the simple hug. As I embraced her a sob came out of her throat. "It's alright, Patsy, let it all out." She hugged me back and I felt a few ribs cracking under the pressure.

A few minutes and a soaked shoulder later, she stopped crying and sobbing. Eve and Flora had left, after giving Patsy a hug. It was clearly something serious, they said they could wait and come back when she felt better.

We were in an uncomfortable silence and again my brain betrayed me by showing me memories of other moments when there was silence, the only sounds being the soft moans and scrunching of clothes.

His lips came onto mine and time stopped. My hand went automatically to his hair and tugged, making him groan.

Oh, for god's sake, your friend just cried and you're thinking about your employee again, bad Lillian, bad.

"Do you want to tell me what's going on? Hm?" My voice was cautious and almost a whisper. Patsy stopped moving and nodded slowly.

"Yeah, you should know, I think you can understand my problem, as you go away every day to meet with your suitor." Her voice was hoarse and serious, but I couldn't help but blush. She believed my lie, well, let's say half-truth.

"What do you think I would be able to help with, Patsy?" Her pained expression made the blush on my cheeks fade as it came down on me, Patsy wanted advice about men, from me.

Those two things are absurd, but it got me curious and angry at the same time. "Were you crying because of a man? WHO? I will personally kill him!" It didn't seem to help as my friend once again released a tear to slip down her face.

"Thank you, Lilly, but that's the problem. I don't want him to die." Another sob escaped her. "I want to give him a hit with my parasol for seducing me, for coming to me while he already has a woman at home, but I wouldn't be able to hurt him. Lilly, please help me," She stopped as the sobs came more often.

And I was still processing everything as she added something that would cost me at least five nights of sleep.

"I, I think I'm in love, Lilly, I fell in love at the first sight of him.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

500 reads, yay, now I added a bit of what Patsy thinks. Even when it's in Lilly's POV.

Do you think they were completely alone while Patsy expressed her feelings?
Or do you think a certain bodyguard was doing his job right?