"You're right about that. Sabertooth is a guild of assholes." she agreed and with those words, tried to lighten the mood. She was successful when she heard a small giggle come out of Ariana's mouth. 

"Damn right."

And then they both drank in silence, letting the atmosphere overtake them. Ariana needed this; she needed the time and space away from that dreaded arena. She allowed her thoughts to wander and of course, they wandered right over to Sting. She wondered about him. She wondered what he would be like if he was apart of maybe Fairy Tail instead. What he would be like, how he would act and what their relationship would be.

Maybe that version of him was someone she could be with.

But it wasn't him and there was no version of him like that. She couldn't change the past now and all she could do was wonder about it. 

Just then, a blinding flash of light met the window of the bar and it almost sounded like the air was fizzling when the light washed over them.

"What the fuck is that?" the consensus of voices in the bars shouted, all the mages inside shielding their eyes from the light. 

Ariana and Presley included. The two both squeezed their eyes shut, but that still didn't stop the burning light from reaching their eyes. It was when Ariana raised an arm to her eyes to shield herself that the wave of light brushed against her skin. 

It felt familiar almost. 

As the feeling rose to the surface, a deafening explosion rang through the streets. The loud bang reaching all the ears of everyone in a probably 15 kilometer radius, the same most likely to be said about the light. "What is going on!" Ariana shouted, with her eyes closed and her hands pressed against her eardrums. 

And then it hit her. 

That light was the result of magic. Sting's magic of course. 

♛♛♛ 

Both Sting and Rogue were standing side by side, a few feet ahead from everyone else in their guild. Though, they stood in the overwhelming presence of their domineering guild master, who sat in arrogance on his throne like seat

He stared at them but the two only looked away from his white eyes.

"Sting, Rogue" he began and paused, his voice strong and deep. "Just what the hell was that?" he bellowed, referring to their most recent loss. 

Sting barely heard the words he spoke. The blonde knew that they were words of hate and ones that belittled both him and his partner dragon slayer. His ears only perked up when Rogue began to talk, speaking only to explain why they lost.

His answer was simple- it was because Natsu and Gajeel were too strong. 

Of course, that was not a satisfactory answer to their guild master. He stood up now, slamming his feet in front of them and his fists balled tightly. Jiemma spoke again, this time as he stared down at them. "Are those the words of wizards from Sabertooth, the strongest guild?" his question went unanswered as Sting and Rogue kept their mouths shut.

"Who told you that you could go out there and look like pathetic fools?" his rage was growing. "Who told you that you could go out there and fail? You sullied the name of the strongest guild." his final words were filled with anger. 

He released his magic power now, a purple aura that surrounded him and released a shock wave of energy strong enough to send the twin slayers flying backwards. 

Sting was sent rolling on the ground while Rogue was slammed against the wall, leaving a large indent. Both Frosch and Lector went running towards their dragon slayers, calling out to them as they did so.