01 | awake

[ April X791 ]

"Hey, Aria?" A voice called out and a hand violently shook her body. "You awake?" the same voice asked, and she heard others.

"Don't shake her so hard!" A female voice said, and the sound of metal hitting something... maybe someone? A grunt of pain and a whine that Ariana knew the instant she heard it. The said voice began crying out in an obnoxious and loud voice, irritating Ariana hard enough to wake her up from her slumber to smack him upright the head to silence him.

"Aria!" voices cried out and she was tackled by hugs from her guild mates. "We didn't think you were going to wake up! You started to make us worry!" Lucy said and gave her a sweet smile, in which the female dragon slayer returned.

"Where are we?" Ariana said and looked around her.

Trees and plants covered the area, not giving her a proper view of her surroundings. She couldn't see past 20 meters at best. Ariana was absolutely clueless as to the fact of what was going on and where exactly she and her guild mates were. "I can smell," she said and sniffed around her. "The ocean." she finished and the three dragon slayers around her nodded.

"We smelt it too." they confirmed and Ariana looked at everyone's faces closely.

Out of nowhere in particular, the red head came out with two swords in her hands, her face as expressionless as ever, but her eyes filled with an unreadable emotion."I've confirmed the fact that we're on Tenrou Island." Erza saidwith Master Makarov close behind her. "And that's we've all been sleeping for seven years." she said, and the world went in slow motion. Seven years?

[ May 1st X791]

They'd all missed out on seven years of training, and now, they'd have three months to catch up to everyone else.

Three months to train for the Grand Magic Games. Three months to become stronger and make sure that Fairy Tails ends up as the number guild in Fiore once again. How were they supposed to do that?

Master Makarov had just announced that their guild would be participating in these Grand Magic Games, sending them all off to begin their months of gruelling training. They all have to get stronger to make up for the seven year gap they'd had with the rest of their competitors. Ariana still could not accept this fact.

She'd been gone for seven years.

Her friends, the guild, her teammates. They'd all needed her and she wasn't there to help them. Instead, she was asleep on that goddamned island, jot able to do a single thing. After waking up a month ago, Ariana was so shocked and unable to get over her seven year slumber, but now, she had a chance to move on. She's become stronger, the strongest, and do it all for her fellow friends and guild mates. She and her teammates would win the Grand Magic Games and be on top again.

She accepted Natsus request for her to join him, along with their team to train along the beach, and they headed out to begin their training.

Ariana would train each day until she dropped onto her knees from exhaustion, working herself to the bone. She would strive for nothing less than perfection and greatness because that's what her guild mates had given to her over the past years. The least she could do is return the favour.

By the end of the 90 days, that didn't happen. No, not at all.

She'd lost almost all of her training time due to them travelling to the celestial spirit world, in which none of them knew that time went faster in their universe. Within those 90 days that she could've spent on gruelling work and hard new spells, she'd spent a day in the celestial world and lost her 3 months. She'd gotten in at least a week of nothing but hard work.