Chapter 6

Just as I was going to turn around and walk away the door to the flat bursts open and an angry Caroline storms out.

I almost tumble to the floor, but manage to catch myself in the last second. She angrily turns her head to look what she hit with the door and when she sees it's me she storms towards me.

"You, it's all your fault!" She screams at me and the look of hatred on her face will probably hunt me for weeks.

She raise her hand and before I can register what's happening she pushes me. I tumble backwards and land on the floor with a tumph.

I yell out in pain as I land wrong on my right arm and I can feel the wounds on the arm rip open. I look down and the arm of my hoodie is slowly turning red.

My vision starts to get blurry and it starts to ring in my ears. I can feel myself scream when someone tries to touch my shoulder and I try to back away.

I start shaking and ignoring the pain in my arm, I begin to try and hit the person that tried to touch me.

Someone takes a light hold of my wrists and I get lifted up of the ground bridal style. I try to get out of the strong grip, but to no use.

I can feel my eyes getting heavy and it gets harder for me to see.

"Just go to sleep, if you're lucky you never wake up again"

I begin to slowly close my eyes before I get shaken awake again. I quietly whimper and open my eyes again. The ringing in my ears stops and I can hear Rye's voice.

"Stay awake Andy, please, just stay awake. For me"
His voice is quiet and vulnerable. I look up at him.

The blurriness makes it hard for me to see, but it looks like he's crying. He's carrying me into the bathroom and he sits me down on the toilet seat.

He turns his attention to the bathroom cabinets in search for something. He pulls the medical kit out and sets it down beside the sink. He opens it up and quickly gets to work.

"We need to get this hoodie of you, okay?" He looks at me as he asks.

My eyes quickly widen and I begin to shake my head. That only results in an awful headache so I quietly whimper and stop. He looks at me worriedly.

"Don't let him see how fat you are"

He tries to get the hoodie of me, but I flinch away from his touch. He looks at me with a worried and sad expression. He sighs before backing away.

"Can we take up your sleeves then?" He asks me, his voice filled with sadness and worry.

I slowly nod my head and help him take the sleeves up. He gasps at the sight of my cut up arms.