Chapter 3

Connor let out an aggrivated sigh, slamming the door shut behind him. He had just come back from the longest day at work he had ever experienced. Class had been unbelievably slow, and his students talked back relentlessly. He didn't even bother to threaten them with pointless things such as 'I'll call your parents' (A lot of their parents didn't care, that was usually why they acted in such ways), 'I'll send you to the counselor's office' (He hinself was afraid of the counselor. She was a witch, that woman.), or 'I'll send you to the principal'. He knew such pathetic attempts were useless, as they had proved to be long ago. He went over the threats in his mind, recalling how he sometime joked around and said 'I'll take away your recess', despite the fact his students were sophomores, and no longer had such a privilege. He smiled at the thought, taking off his coat and neatly hanging it on the rack. He scanned the small apartment, proudly grinning at the cleanliness of his humble abode. He was a 'clean freak' as many called it, and he was proud.

He stumbled to his bedroom, simply kicking off his shoes and neatly placing them in his closet before collapsing on the bed. He was too tired to even bother changing, or doing anything more than taking off his shoes and pants, at least. The college professor threw the covers over his cold body, looking forward to another evening that would be spent with his hopefully not non-existent lover. He felt a smile tug at his lips, letting out a slurred giggle. You know, the type of giggle one would experience during a drunken haze after seeing a friend say something stupid like 'Daddy Condom'.

That was oddly specific. Connor didn't seem to care.
He giggled like that for a while, romanticizing about his beloved with a goofy smile. Eventually, his mind drifted to that garden that was his subconscious, the subconscious that lead to dream world with his lover. He awoke in a field, slowly standing up and attempting to stabilize his aching and tired body. It felt so vivid, as he had said many times. The damp blades of grass that lightly brushed against his bare skin. The rubbed his eyes, shoving a hand in his coat pockets as he realized he was still wearing nothing more than said coat and some boxers. How sophisticated. Thankfully, he didn't think his dream lover would mind. After all, the other usually slept in nothing but paint-covered tank tops and painfully tight jeans.

Connor found himself wandering throughout what appeared to be a forest, but not like the gloomy, dark ones you see in horror movies. No, it was more like the forest Aurora dances in at the beginning of Sleeping Beauty. He hummed to himself, half-expecting a bluebird to fly from nowhere and join him in a harmonious tune, like nearly every other Disney Princess movie (But then again, he wasn't a princess, more like a disastrous attempt at a villain's sidekick.)
Eventually, the brunette came across his lover, watching as the taller let his feet dangle from a small cliff he had likely awakened at. Connor slowly approached him, careful to not startle the other. Markus gazed in the younger's direction, giving a small wave accompanied by a friendly smile. Connor returned the wave, taking a seat next to Markus. His head fell limo against the dark man's shoulder, and he took a moment to appreciate how beautiful everything around him was. The dazzling view, the even more dazzling person besides him. Connor felt a smile tugging at his lips, leaning up to place a peck on Markus's cheek. Markus simply smiled, wrapping his arms around Connor, a light blush dawning upon his face. He wasn't usually so 'lovey-dovey' and 'touchy-feely', but he did truly care for Connor, whether he existed or not. Although Connor didn't seem to mind, usually just wanting to see the other.

Markus hadn't brought a pen this time. Connor thought it was quite the shame, considering they would have a form to communicate if he had brought it, but then remembered that he was never able to recall any of the information shared. He let out a long sigh, casuing his lover to look over with slight concern. Connor smiled in reply, a cute and bashful nervousness laced throughout his expression. It was as though he was saying "It's ok, I'm fine." To which Markus responded with a kiss.
Connor was slightly taken aback by the sudden gesture, before kissing back and melting into the touch his lover provided. He smiled as his lips pressed against the other's, arms going to wrap around Markus's neck in some attempt to bring them closer. Connor's hands wandered, finding themselves against Markus's chest. He disconnected, taking a moment to appreciate just how utterly perfect and muscular this man was. Like, damn could he rock a tank top. Markus chuckled, lightly nudging the other with a playful grin. Connor giggled in response, reconnecting their lips. The kiss was soft, gentle, not rushed or desperate. Connor could feel Markus's heartbeat against his chest, feel the love and compassion that radiated off of him. The taller of the two disconnected, before beginning to talk in some sort of makeshift sign language. He pointed to himself before making a heart symbol and pointing to Connor. Connor let a silent giggle escape his closed lips, repeating the gesture in a dorky manner. It was quite adorable, if Markus was being honest. He looked over to see the other's eyes getting droopy, a sign that he would soon wake up in the real world, which meant falling asleep in this world. Markus let the other's head fall against his shoulder, and he ran his hand through the soft, brunette locks as he began feeling tired himself. His head fell atop Connor's, and he saw that the other's eyes were now closed. His mind drifted to thoughts that didn't really have to be there, insignificant details he would likely forget once he woke up. He this moment to appreciate all of Connor's little insignificant details, details he loved with all of his heart, details that just made the other even more perfect in his view. He let out a slurred chuckle, slowly drifting into a slumver that lasted no more than a few seconds, as he woke up in his own oversized bed shortly after. He sighed, light smile still upon his face. He rubbed tired eyes, slowly sitting up and looking around his dirtied room. He needed to clean, but he was usually too tired, or too busy... He should really hire a maid or something, that'd give him some one to talk to. His smile widened a bit at the thought, and he rose from his bed to wobblento the bathroon and begin getting ready. Good morning, time to start the day...

~~~
(Time skip, brought to you by a lyric chain that will hopefully start in the comment section
~~~

Connor sat in the bus, watching as the blurred city atmosphere passed by. He held a few books in his hand, currently on his way to return them. He looked over to scan the people on the bus. He was thankful none had chosen to sit next to him, as he was quite bad at anything that invomved social interaction. Upon realizing they had reached his stop, he rose from his seat and departed, not quite caring if the pouring rain got his clothing wet. He took his time walking to the library, ignoring cat-calls and insults alike. He lived in a dangerously shady area, plagued with sin and negativity. He entered the building, greeted with a buildboard that had various local competitions and concerts tacked onto it. He scanned the board, searching for something new. It seemed to be the same old, until his eyes landed on a small pamphlet, labeled 'Sanzang Art Gallery: Opening Soon!' Connor opened the small pamphlet to reveal small samples of said 'Sanzang's' work, crystal eyes scanning the page. He recognized one of the lsmdscapes, a familiar beach he had once visited before... Suddenly, it hit him. No more than a week ago, he had woken up in that light sand, greeted by a beautiful man and pink skies. He didn't hesitate to pocket the brochure, making sure he hurried with his books so he could get back home and make room for the event in his packed schedule.

He examined the paintings, recognizing a few of the landscapes depicted. He had marked the opening on his calendar and set a reminder on his phone, how searching for something to wear. He tried to keep it simple, passing all of his tuxedos and dressy clothes. He wanted to have an artsy sort of outfit, something Markus would recognize him in, since they usually saw each other clad in only pajamas. In the end, he decided on a brown sweater with a slightly lighter scarf, accompanied by a pair of what appeared to be leggins and some dark, fuzzy boots. Perfect. He smiled, putting the outfit together in preparation for the event. He had already planned everything else out, his greeting and whatnot, he had even planned out a response for almost each and every individual outcome. Almost. The one thing he didn't expect, the one thing he didn't prepare for, was for said artist, his dream lover, to be completely anonymous.

At least he knew he existed.

~~~

I DID IT
FINALLY
1595 words holy shit this took a while. A big thanks to everyone for being patient, sorry for the long wait. This one's also kinda bad, sorry for that, to-