Chapter 2

Ah, sorry for the wait- I promise I've been working on this haha-
92 reads got me strESSeD-

1150 words. :')

~~~

He had brought a pen this time. Connor immediately noticed the item between the other's fingers, as they walked through the field of beautiful flowers. Markus had sat down among the field, pulling his lover down with him. Connor didn't question, simply following the other with a curious look. He cocked his head as Markus took his hand, smiling. Markus began to write on Connor's arms, the dark ink contradicting the other's pale skin. 'What's your name?' Matkus wrote, shortly before handing the pen to Connor. The brunette didn't hesitate to scribble down his name, the letters barely comprehensible. Markus smiled at the other's light blush of embarrassment, scribbling his name down next to it and drawing a heart around them. Connor giggled, watching as the other began to lightly sketch little patterns among his skin.

Connor's eyes widened as he watched the other, mouth falling agape slightly at the precision his lover had with the pen. The patterns were... Beautiful. Sharp, pointy sides that melted into smooth and sleek lines of perfection. Connor watched in awe, smile slowly widening in admiration. Markus grinned at how much he impressed the other with a simple pattern, a small pattern he had drawn on Connor's forearm. He added a small signature, as though he was claiming both Connor and the drawing as his own. 'Markus...' Connor mouthed the word, despite the fact no noise had ever come out. His partner nodded, smiling at the other. He put the pen back into his pocket, taking Connor's hand and kissing the back of it as his eyes fell closed. Connor smiled, blushing at the other's acts of affection. He loved these little moments, little things that truly mattered to him. The little things like the flowers Markus picked for him, the pen he had brought so they could have some way to communicate, the small kisses they shared, those little things that infinitely improved Connor's mornings, mornings he'd have to suffer through with no beautiful, understanding, kind man besides him.

Connor shook his head, realizing that he had been staring into space for god knows how long. ADD, a disorder he had been diagnosed with long ago.
He shifted his attention to the environment, hazel eyes scanning the area around him thoroughly. It was just now he had the chance to appreciate the view, the beautiful field they had found themselves in. It was a garden, with cherry blossoms fluttering in the cool breeze that ran through Connor's hair, flowing streams and ponds with fish of all shapes and sizes. He had even named a few, his favorite was a dwarf gourami he had named Eric-Daniel. They had met at a gazebo, surrounded by flowers and vines that ran down the old wooden planks. It seemed that no matter how beautiful these landscapes were, the next one would be even better. No matter how dazzling, how perfect, the next would be even more breathtaking...

And then, he woke up.
And then, his world wasn't as bright.
And then, he didn't feel as content-

His eyes opened, and Connor felt sadder. Markus wasn't there, neither was the writing, or the names, or the drawings. And suddenly, he didn't remember. He didn't remember his lover's name, that name he never got to say. He promised himself he'd say it as soon as he got the chance, feel the syllables as they fell off of his tongue and into the air, breaking the silence that plagued him. The thought made him smile, a short-lived smile he'd never get to appreciate, a smile that was contradicted by the frown that followed. It was almost as though destiny didn't want them to meet... And maybe that was the case. Maybe he didn't even exist...

The thought hit Connor, hard and unforgiving as he attempted so desperately to process it. His dream lover was no more than a figment of his imagination, something that didn't even exist, and never would. Fake, non-existent, nothing-

When did he start crying?

Connor let out an open sob, fat tears running down his cheeks and meeting at his chin before falling to his collarbone. He took a deep and shaky breath, trying desperately to stabilize himself. This was nothing, he was crying over nothing. He let out a long sigh, slowly sitting up and rubbing his eyes tiredly. He was too always too tired, always lacked the energy he wanted, the energy he needed... And his lover was what gave him that, gave him that extra push he craved. His lover completed him.
And yet, he didn't exist.

~~~

Markus awoke, half-lidded eyes scanning his room as he boredly lay in bed. These dreams had fucked him up, a lot worse than he imagined. He didn't just like that brunette, and his innocent brown eyes, pale face and sharp cheekbones... No, he loved him. Loved him with all of his heart. He loved him more than anything, more than painting, more than he loved life itself... He could barely comprehend it.
Markus sniffled, shortly before chuckling to himself. It was all so stupid. He knew these crushes were bad for him, and yet he still just so happened to come across the most perfect men to ever exist. It's as though god himself just wanted Markus to be distracted by thoughts of flowing brown hair accompanied by gentle eyes that sat upon a lovely face, and those thighs-

He shook his head, trying to ignore the... Less than acceptable thoughts that had started to plague his mind. He took a deep breath. It was just now coming to his attention that he had sat up, now sitting criss-cross on his insanely large mattress, in his insanely large room, in his insanely large house, a house he had bought with an insanely large amount of money. Rich people did end up alone in big houses, with nothing but their money to accompany them. It was sad. He was sad... Sad that his dream partner most likely didn't exist, sad that such an occurence would be impossible. Two living beings meeting in their dreams would be absolutely impossible, there would be no scientific explanation... But what if there was? The idea of launching an international research department dedicated to such a concept crossed his mind, then he realized how stupid that idea was, how utterly terrible on so many levels.

Markus rose from the bed, wobbling slightly before making his way to the bathroom and beginning to get ready. He had errands to run, errands that would require social interaction... He shivered at the thought, brows furrowing slightly as he looked through his closet in search for something decent to wear. Today was going to be a long day, that was for sure...