Even if I fall out of the door and off a cliff, it is better than being offered to that useless spawn of the devil.

"Will you stop doing that, are you trying to get us killed?" The rider of the carriage scolded me in anger and fear, as the carriage shock and the horses were doing the fear stunt.

"Let me out and I will stop." I said hoping in my heart that all that is still pure on this earth will heed my prayer and make him heed to my words.

"No way, will I let you out. I let you out and it's either I die here or later, but death will still take place, so it's better you sit there like the good wench you are and stop your shenanigans." He said continuing the journey of no return for either of us and once again the ones above let me down.

Why can not my life take a turn for the better, ever since I was born, it was like the universe never wanted my feet to kiss the earth or bask at its glory and beauty, how outrageous!

I lost everything at a very tender age, my mother died while bringing me into this cruel earth, my elder sister died when I was just a wee lass of five and she seven, she died of an epidemic that didn't even come near me like I was a stronger plague than it.

And my father, ohhh, let me not go there, I lost everything and him also when he condemned me and blamed me for all the family destruction and losses, and claimed I was the bad luck that came to wipe out his family in seconds, when the epidemic didn't even come near me and now I was about to loose the only thing I had left.

My virtue.

And by all that is in the heavens will I let that happen, not on his life.

I'll rather one of us die than for it to happen, and with my ancestors by my side--if they still are--I bet it is him who will be doing the dying.

But really why me? I asked myself as I sat down on the floor of the carriage resting my back on the seat-at least he was nice enough to use this to bring me back, even though I know the consequences of going back there.

I am a slave, not even a peasant, or better a commoner, I am nothing, with not even a shilling to my name.

I am poor, wretched, hungry, weak, so then once again I ask, why me?

I don not even have a family to call my own, worse not even a pet.

Questions upon questions kept piling in my head as my weak body began to succumb to the sound of the carriage as it took me to my doom, and the breath of the horses as it calmed the veins in my body making me take leisure use of the time I had until my final judgment, so I decided to continue my sleep from where it stopped.
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....

"Wake up woman." I heard a voice say as as the owner shock my sleeping form vigorously, without remorse.

"Leave me alone, scum." I said as I tried to move the persons hand that tried to wake me up.

"Look, I don not have time to play nice with you so it will do you good to get up, before the remaining troop come here to find you mauling the kings carriage." The voice said shaking my body again.

King?

King!

Like hell!

Just that word, four letter word was able to have me scrambling out of the carriage, pushing aside the man, and running, until I felt a hand around my waist holding me in place.

"Where do you think you are going woman?" The owner of the hand asked not letting me go, cause by life itself, once that hand releases me, I will flee for my life.

"Let go of me, you dirty dog." I screamed as I tried to remove his hand from my waist, only making him tighten his hold on my waist.

Why does all this feel so familiar?

Deja Vu!

"Not even for the sake of the things that are holy will I let go of you, it is either my head or yours, and guess what, I pick yours." He said bitterly as he began to pull me back towards the direction of the palace.

NO!

"Please, please just let me go." I said as I continued to struggle in his hold.

"So you can beg, how wonderful." He said and I can bet his stupid brain that he is smiling.

"Just let me go, now, slimy troll."

"You know, you have a vile tongue, and I'll have put it to good use, if not for the kings command." He said pulling my back to this chest, using his slimy tongue to touch my ear, making bile to rise in my throat.

Disgusting!

"Release me at once or I'll tell the king of all you escapades on my body." I said making him to stiffen in fear.

I don not know what the bloody hell came over me to say that, but it worked, at least his tongue is off my body.

"Are you threatening me wench?"

"We will know once you head is hanging outside the kingdom walls." I said making his hold on me to loosen, giving me leverage to use the back of my head to attack his nose, then my legs to attack his, making him release me while clutching his face and legs.

"That will teach you not to hold like a girl." I said before running towards the open gate of the palace, which was open to enable the coming troops--as he said--free movement.

I need to leave before they arrive, but that was short lived as I heard the rider I hit command some of the guards around to catch me, and that they did in seconds, due to my inability to win a race.

"Let go of me you fools, let me go." I shouted at the top of my voice as two guards hauled me into the palace doors, and straight to where I knew they were taking me.

To the devils den.

Hell.

They walked through the palace halls, down and down, farther and further they walked while each of them carried my hands, making the ground enemy to my feet.

Until finally they reached a door with two guards standing in front of it, nodding to each other they opened the door for the guards to pull me in and onto the ground I went, with a loud bang and my knees feeling the impact.

The guards walked out leaving only me in the room so I thought until I saw a feet clad with boot, legs covered with breeches filled with golden embroidery, torso covered in the finest shirt and royal sash of purple and gold embroidery, and wandered to the eyes which was green and blazing with hell's fury, and up my curious eyes went until they landed fully on the face of the owner.

"King Kranich."

As they say, curiosity killed the cat. And so am I.