CHAPTER TWO

Running, is a thing if given the chance and choice I would never do again.

The sun was already moving in the west direction, meaning another day in the forest.

If only I can get into town, maybe, just maybe I can get out of this filthy kingdom.

I had been up and about this forest, that I think I have lost my way, not just my way, my mind.

I was thirsty, hungry, sweaty and tired from the whole vigorous chase.

Finally giving in to what my body had been begging me for nights now, seeing a tree I made my way to it and laid my exhausted body under the tree, it felt like all my burden had been taken off me as I laid my weight onto the ground, closing my eyes and only leaving my mind open to the feel of the wind as it caressed my exhausted body.

Then finally sleep consumed me, as I willingly risked it all for a moment of shut eye--peace at last.

Waking up to sounds and movements. Wait, is it me or is the ground moving?

Out of shock and confusion, I tried to stand from my laying position but was stopped by the bumping of my head on something, wooden?.

Like hell, do trees shrink? I thought to myself as I looked at my surroundings as I sat back down rubbing my head as I took in my surrounding.

This for one is not the forest, it looked like a carriage, and a moving carriage at that.

Wait on the devil!

How long was I asleep? Hours? Was I that exhausted that I didn't feel myself being carried or manhandled?

Feeling suddenly panicked, I touched my body to make sure my clothes and everything was still intact, and by God it was.

I tried to open the window of the carriage but it looked like if it was shut from outside, like hell will they be able to keep me captive.

I have to find a way out of the crazy situation I found myself.

"Who is the son of a pighead riding this carriage?" I asked shouting at the top of my voice, although it sounded hoarse from the lack of water, or was it because of the lack of proper oxygen due to the riders brilliant idea to keep me in by shutting the only assess to oxygen.

Fool!

"Shut it wench." The stupid rider shouted back, is it just me or my mind playing games on me does this man's voice sound familiar.

"Pig. Where am I, and where are you taking me to?" I asked not in the mood for a stupid chatter with the fool.

"You will find out when we get there." Was all the idiot could say, making me more hypertensive than I was earlier before he opened his unhygienic mouth to talk.

"I want to know now, I have the right to at least." I say, trying to tell him through my words how desperate I was to know my next destination, even though deep down locked away somewhere, I knew.

"Not on your life, wench." He said, as a closing statement to my next question.

Dummy!

Realizing it finally.

So finally they were able to catch me just because I gave in to the stupid desire for a calm moment of rest.

Curse all my ancestors for deserting me and for letting this happen to me.

Scams!

Using all my might I hit the doors to the carriage hoping for a stupendous miracle that they will just pop open and let me out.