Chapter 11: Monstrous

Start from the beginning

Luna stood up and quickly took off after the others. The car's doors were already wide open and the engine had been left running. Kira, Brett and Lori rushed inside and closed the doors a second before Luna threw herself into the driver's seat. She yanked the door closed, put the car into drive and sped them the hell out of there.

After a few seconds, she looked over at the mirror where the siblings were sitting in the back. "You two okay?" They nodded as they tried to catch their breath.

"You?" she asked Kira. "Yeah," she nodded. "Good." "Um, where are we heading?" Brett asked Luna.

"A safe place." she answered, leaving him puzzled but he trusted her anyway since she did save him and his sister.

++++++

Kira opened the back door and let Satomi and a half dozen others into the clinic. She stepped inside to gaze upon Brett and Lori.

"Are you two okay?" she asked them. They both nodded. "We're okay," Lori mumbled. "Thanks to Kira and Luna," Brett then looked over at Kira.

Satomi shook her head. "Kira." Her tone was soft as she kept her eyes on her. "My...you're the spitting image of Noshiko." "Satomi. My mom told me a lot about you. It's nice to finally meet you."

Satomi went to speak again but someone else came into the room. It was Luna.

"Okay, I just called Scott and-" She froze as she caught sight of Satomi. It was her. They may have never met, but she recognized her immediately. Back when she was apart of the Alpha pack, her father had mentioned Satomi in hope of finding her but they never could.

"Uh...hi." 

That was all she could think to say. Oh if only her father, Deucalion, could see her now.

Satomi looked the girl up and down. "Luna." She kept her gaze on her for a moment before she nodded at him. "Thank you both for saving Brett and Lori." 

Just as Luna was about to speak, the front door's bell rang as it opened.

"Hello!" they all heard.

"That's Scott," Luna said before she and Kira ran off to meet with him.

When Scott and Luna quickly caught sight of each other, the two of them ran and quickly grabbed each other into a hard and passionate kiss. 

Kira awed quietly until she then shifted uncomfortably on her feet when the two of them kept at it for a moment before they slowly broke apart.

"Are you okay?" Scott asked his girlfriend.

Luna nodded. "I'm okay...you know, beside the fact that I'm getting hunted by assassins two nights in a row." Scott thought back to last night when he, Luna, Liam and Malia were almost burned alive by assassins.

"I'm just glad you're okay." Scott said to Luna before turning to look over at Kira. He walked over to her and brought her into a hug. "How's your mom?" "She's okay," she told him. The two broke from the hug.

"Did you two find him? Did you find Brett?" Scott asked the two. Luna and Kira glanced at each other before looking back over at Scott.

"Actually, I think Kira found all of them," Luna answered as she moved out of the way to show Scott what she meant. Scott moved over to see that it wasn't just Brett and his sister but also Satomi and over a half a dozen other people.

"Satomi, this is who I was talking about," Kira told her. But Satomi nodded. "I know who Scott McCall is." 

"Are we safe here?" asked Lori.