Chapter 2

Chapter 2;

I sit watching Joel feather my mum's face in kisses and giggle and smiles wide. He's just too adorable. Then a lifetime of worry spawns over me when I realized Zayn has not called me and it has been two hours.

"Oh George look at his eyes!" Esther squeals and leans Joel over to my Dad.

My mom is super excited about his eyes for some reason and I laugh.

George grabs him. "Goodness gracious what are you feeding this boy!" My Dad laughs and acts like he has to struggle to lift Joel up.

"His eyes are beautiful," Esther gives him a big smooch on his cheek when my Dad returns Joel to her.

Just as I'm about to complain about germs, my cell phone rings and I quickly answer it.

"Hello,"

I hear Zayn instructing and the phone moving around.

"Hi Mummy!" I hear faintly then more shuffling.

"H-hi Mummy!" Noah screams this time

"Hey baby, did you go potty yet?"

Noah is silent. "Noah?" I ask.

"Arielle," Zayn says exasperated. "You don't just ask a guy if he used the potty yet. You were on speakerphone."

I chuckle. "Well did he?"

"Yeah, right on my arm." He mutters.

"I told you! I told you to let him use the bathroom before you even start anything." I laugh into the receiver.

"Have you been drinking?"

I'm put off by his question. "What? Zayn I don't even drink." I laughed lightly.

"I know it just, I've never heard you laugh as much as you just did." He explains. "It's . . . refreshing."

My face heats up and I avoid responding to what he just told me. "Did you find the right car,"

"Yeah. For Noah." He snorts. "I changed my mind about the Porsche maybe something different, I don't know yet."

"Do you want me to come pick you guys up?"

"Yes, please."

"Okay, I'll be there in a little bit." I hang up.

I'm brought back to Joel laughing his head off and trying to grab my Mothers face as she leans him in then leans him back out just as fast.

"We have to go pick them up now," I announce standing.

"Can he stay with us?" She asks.

Oh my gosh. My eyes widen.

"I-I sure- uhm, yeah." I pick up his baby bag. "He just has to be changed, first."

"Bring my little superhero over too, I have some things for him."

"Dad," I chuckle. "He has so many superhero toys, blankets and the works,"

"Alright, I'll hold back on the gifts . . . for now."

"Please." I sigh. "Zayn spoils them, they want for nothing and I mean, nothing. I can't say no to them. They'll grow up snobby I don't want that." I explain and he shakes his head.