The Fate Of A Spy

From FP, one of the stoies I will definitely revise.

HInt: Adrien or in this story 'Adrian' is Jayden's younger brother. Twins with 'Damien' from 'Deception'.

First Published: July 6, 2012

Words: 5,541

Summary:

Aria thought being a spy meant action, adrenaline and excitement. So that's exactly what she got. Except she got a different kind of action, adrenaline and excitement - the kind that involves spoiled, rich brat Adrian.

Title: The Fate Of A Spy

Category: Fiction » Romance

Author: blueee

Language: English, Rating: Rated: T

Genre: Romance/Adventure

Published: 07-06-12, Updated: 07-06-12

Chapters: 1, Words: 5,541

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Undercover Spy

1

There is no staircase in our house. We couldn't afford it. Just a one story room, filled with the little belongings we have. Our father built this house, all by himself. I remember him working hard every day just to try and build a roof over our heads and give us a place to rest for the night. As for my mother, I don't remember her. My older sister tells me I look like her, but I wasn't old enough to remember.

I lay there staring at my sister, who is asleep next to me. Her long, wavy brown hair is scattered all around her and he face looks peaceful. They say I look like her, in the way that they could tell we are sisters. But her features are lighter – her hair and eyes are both a lighter shade of brown. My features are just plain boring.

I stare up at the ceiling, unable to sleep. The Selection is tomorrow.

My family is not originally from this country. We are not Mirunaen, we are Aufein. My father was an Aufein spy, which is why when he moved to Mirunae, he had nothing. My sister says he chose to quit the spy life to take care of us, to do that he had to move to Mirunae. But because Mirunae and Aufeis were enemies since the beginning of time, he was not able to find a job. Neither can my sister and me, because we have Aufein blood. In the end, we both decided to do what he did.

We both decided to become spies.

My sister is already an official Aufein spy because she had passed the Selection before me, being two years older. Tomorrow, it will be my turn.

"Can't sleep?" my sister asks, while sitting up causing the bed to make creaking sounds.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I wake you?" I say turning to face her.

"Are you worrying about tomorrow?" she asks me, yawning.

"A little," I say, turning back to face the ceiling again.

"You're my little sister, our father set up the Selection, so you'll be fine!" my sisters say, putting an arm around me.

My father was no ordinary spy; he was one of the founders. He was the one that first organized the Selections to pick trainees that were worthy to become full-fledged spies and go on missions. After knowing that, there was no way I could not want to be just like him. For my sister, she says that she wants to honor our home country; she wants to do anything she can to get revenge on Mirunae for making us poor. She believes that Mirunae is at fault for not supporting refugees like us who are originally from Aufeis. Honnestly, I do not blame them. We did nothing to deserve their support.