My Personal Pet ver. 2.0

From Wordpress. I totally forgot about the exisitence of this edited version of the ver. 1.0. But since there's only a few minor edits and changes, it shouldn't matter~

I posted this to my wordpress which was made last, last year when I was just barely 15. I will not share it. Haha.

First Published: Oct 26, 2012

Last Updated: Nov 8, 2012

Words: 5,174

Chapters: 3

My Personal Pet – Chapter 1: First Step

October 26, 2012

I watched as models with their 36-24-36 measurements strutted down the catwalk in their ravishingly exquisite clothing, wondering how they managed to do so as gracefully as they did. I didn't really know what I was doing here, I don't have any interest in this area and honestly, I just preferred my signature style of a simple t-shirt and jeans. Sure, working for the rich and financially privileged meant listening to them brag about their wealthy lifestyles in their posh chatter, but the only reason I would waste my time satisfying them is because the pay I would receive from them is higher than any job you could get. Even if I was just a backstage person, it does get a bit tiring having to listen to them be so picky. I mean, seriously, some people can't even afford the beads and fabric they use for these dresses!

My brother, Jake always tells me not to work too hard, but then he's the one going off performing impossible tasks for just a tiny bit of spare change. I truly despise those spoiled brats and princesses, they don't have to work a day in their lives if they pleased and would still get everything they want, but then again, what would I know? I'm not rich.

XoXoX

"Yuki! Yuki! Could you come here for a sec?" Alli yelled from the dressing room.

I made my way backstage to find her. Today, this was my job. A backstage helper in this particular fashion show in which my best friend just happened to be a model participant.

"You shouldn't work too hard. It's bad for your health you know," Will said as he walked over after returning from the runway. "Alli, you shouldn't bother her too much either. You could get others to help you." I turned red.

The Evergreen twins, also known as my best friends were coincidentally models for this fashion show. Actually, it wasn't such a coincidence, more like inevitability. Alli asked me to come help backstage both to earn money and to keep her company, there was another reason for me to be here, but I won't mention it yet.

These two weren't normal twins. They were one of those high-classed people who's father was the ex-mayor of town. Neither of them turned out spoiled or bratty like you'd expected. The three of us, plus Jake, have been inseparable. And if you haven't realized, my third reason for being here was because I'd get to see Will dressed up all handsome, which you probably realized that I sort-of have a crush on him...Alli sort-of crush on my brother, but that was different because they're already sort-of going out.

When our father passed away almost 16 years ago, Jake and I were not yet born. Although I wasn't able to attend the funeral, there have been rumors around our neighborhood that the reason my father died was still a mystery. Jake said it was cancer, but others claimed in was suicide and that someone either made it look like it or drove him to that point. I, honestly, don't know what to believe.

I came to learn that the person who I thought was my mother, was actually not my real mother. She was Jake's mother, but not mine. Step-mother was my father's mistress, and I was told that he was in love with my mother but was not allowed to marry her as he was forced to marry step-mother. It's also why Jake and I are both sixteen. My father had an affair with the lady he truly loved while his wife was at home pregnant and although that sounds bad, I'm glad to have a brother like Jake.