The Matchmaker ver. 1.0

From FP

First Published: Dec 21, 2010

Last Updated: Oct 10, 2011 (Update Notice: May 8, 2013)

Words: 10,092

Chapters: 9

Summary:

A famous matchmaker know as 'Malt' is famous for helping people through her blog; everyone wants to find out her true identity, everyone except a talented high school girl, Malisa...AKA Malt.

Title: The Matchmaker -OLD Version-

Category: Fiction » Romance

Author: ChocoMalt

Language: English, Rating: Rated: T

Genre: Romance/Humor

Published: 12-21-10, Updated: 05-08-13

Chapters: 9, Words: 10,092

Chapter 1: ichi

The Matchmaker – ichi

-MALT-

A/N: The old version will be up as a oneshot...I changed the name of all the characters :P Anyways, this story is dedicated to my awesome friends, Irene and Karen! Those two characters are real people. Some other characters represent other real people but I won't tell you who! ;)

I logged on to my computer for the sole purpose of checking my email. The first email I saw was from my classmate, Kim.

From: Kim

To: Malisa

Subject: Thank You!

U R awesome! The blog link u sent me was awesome! Matchmaker Malt gave me sum great advice. Now, I think I hav the courage 2 confess! 3 Thx so much! U should save the link, u may need it in the future ;) THX AGAIN!

Kim

"So, you've helped yet another love sick teen?" A voice from behind me asked.

I turned around surprised, only to find it was my best friend, Dominic.

"I didn't help them, Malt did..." I reply, turning back to face the screen.

"Yes, Malt did. But isn't Malisa and Malt the same person?" Dom asked, teasing me.

I remained silent; It was the truth after all. I, Malisa, may just be an ordinary high school girl to most eyes, but in fact I'm also the famous Matchmaker known as Malt. That is my biggest secret, and the only person who knows is Dom and my two other best friends.

"You are awesome?" Dom smirked. "Doesn't she mean 'Malt is awesome'?"

He was absolutely correct, again. Malt helps people via her blog which was created with the intention to express some of my so called 'feelings'. But you know what? My 'feelings' seem to be quite common in normal teenagers too, to the point they thought I was an expert after only a few blog entries. At first, it was only a few people asking for their opinion on what they should do with problems every teenager has, but after a while, more and more people came to ask for advice on various things. Some things I had no experience in, in which case I just said what I felt was right. Turns out, what I thought was the right thing seemed to really be the right thing, especially topics on love. Therefore, I became known as Matchmaker Malt and I have to deal with love struck teenagers with simple love problems.

"What are you doing here, anyways? What about your other friends?" I asked Dom, slightly annoyed at him teasing me.

"They're doing reckless stuff as usual. Oh and I'm here because Irene threatened to tell my friends that I used to play with dolls with you guys if I didn't come and get you." He shrugged.