scars || Jacob frye x male reader

You always knew that the scar on your face was grotesque, so you always covered it up with the (f/c) scarf around your neck, always pulling the material up to cover up till the bridge of your nose. You hated seeing it on your face when you looked into the mirror, and you knew people in society would stare at you in horror like you were a freak. You could only imagine what Jacob thought about you. With all the time you’ve been working with the Frye twins in London, there was only one time where Jacob had seen you without your mask and that had been when you had fallen asleep on the couch. The scarf had fallen down from your face and you’d awoken to see him staring at you before you’d realized. He’s never seen it since, no matter how many times he asked to see. 

It was a large scar that had been from a wide gash that started from the corner of your mouth that ran up the middle of your cheek, one that you’d gotten when you were only a teenager. A connecting scar ran from where your left K9 tooth was on your top lip, and up and across your cheekbone before stopping below the end of your eyebrow. 

You were used to people staring. But this was different. And you didn’t like the way it made you feel.

You jumped out of the burning building, a small girl in your arms. She was the only one on the top level of the child factory. Jacob had taken to the lower level and you soon heard the crash of a door being barged open before the sound of small feet pattered frantically across the ground, his voice soon rising into the air above the roar of the flames.

“Hurry! Get out!” He shouted and you landed just as you heard the crackle and snap of a wooden beam start to fall, burned through to the point it was no longer stable. Your head whipped around to see Jacob focusing on getting the children by that he didn’t hear. 

“Jacob!” You called out, seeing him looked at you before he looked behind him, eyes widening when he saw the wood start to crash down. Thankfully, he had rolled out of the way just in time, the loud thud of the wood blocking the doorway of the factory. Fortunately, all the kids were already out and in the safety of the fire engines. He gave you a grateful nod and you returned it before turning back to the coughing girl. She had been in one of the more dense areas of the factory where the smoke had already gathered thickly. You crouched down before her, putting a steady hand on her shoulder as her little lungs struggled to rid the filthy smoke. 

“Are you alright?” You asked softly, and she nodded, responding in a weak raspy voice. 

“Yes, thank you mister.” She said before she looked up, her eyes blinking at you before they suddenly blew wide, her mouth dropping and a shrill scream escaped her. You jumped slightly, hand pulling back from her in confusion at what had scared her before you realised she was staring right at you. Your heart stopped. 

Your hands flew up to your face, feeling that your scarf and hood had fallen down to reveal your face. 

She’s screaming at the scar. You realized, quickly pulling the scarf back up and hood over to conceal your features from view. Forcing down the lump in your throat you gave her one more look before standing, already turning to stride quickly away with your parting words. “Excuse me.” With a final glance you saw her stare after you, her mouth suddenly shutting closed as a guilty expression filled her face. She realized what she had just done. You grappled out of there as quick as you could, knowing that Jacob would come find you when you were done. 

Settling on one of the roofs overlooking the scene, you lifted your hand to pull your scarf down, fingers lightly grazing over the rough tissue of the scar, and with every brush, your heart started to drop. How did Jacob even stand looking at you, knowing that there was a scar as hideous as yours hidden from his view? 

You let your hand drop into your lap, head bowed as you stared solemnly down at your feet, watching them dangle over the edge. 

You had no clue.