24.The tragic moment

I freed my hand from Rishab’s hand and walked away wiping my tears.
“Cut” Director said.
I took a deep breath I was so glad that the shoot was finally over. Someone handed me over tissues and I wiped away my tears. I was doing a tragic seen in which Anarkali is fighting with Saleem.
“Are you OK” Rishab asked.
“Ya I am fine” I said.
Both of us started to walk towards our vanity van.
“For a second I thought you were going to beat me up” Rishab said.
“What really you know that I am not real Anarkali” I said.
“Ya right” Rishab said.
“You know something you looked really angry while you were doing that scene, even I got scared for a second” I said.
“Oh really, actually I got involved in the scene” Rishab said.
“It’s OK” I said.
“Nadira are you OK, you look worried, what happened?” Rishab asked.
“Just some family problem” I said.
“Is it something serious?” Rishab asked.
“Kind of, my sister is getting married” I said.
“That’s a good news right?” Rishab asked.
“No actually, she loves someone else” I said.
“Oh! Tragic” Rishab said.
“Hmmm” I said.
“Nadira come on time for your dress change” My makeup lady said.
“Coming” I said and walked towards her.
*
“How the hell did you do that I look so beautiful” I said looking at myself, I was looking so beautiful after changing my dress.
“You are born beautiful Nadira I haven’t done much” my makeup lady said.
“Ya right” I said and stepped out.
I saw Rishab at a distance. We exchanged smiles. I walked towards him.

 I walked towards him

“Hi” I said.
“You look beautiful” Rishab said.
“Thank you” I said.
“Nadira you don’t get too much worried about your sister OK everything will be all right” Rishab said.
“I hope so” I said.
That was when I spotted Mr. Khan.
“Mr. Khan” I said.
“What Kabir Khan? God what is he doing here?”Rishab asked.
“I will just come” I said and walked towards Mr. Khan.
“Mr. Khan” I called.
“Hi, Nadira” He said.
“What are you doing here?” I asked.
“I came with my abba for a deal” Mr. Khan said.
“Deal....what kind of deal?” I asked.
“Abba wants to offer some money for stopping the series” Mr. Khan said.
“T...That’s.....That’s wrong” I said.
“It business Nadira, OK listen if these people say no to this deal I want you to help me” Mr. Khan said.
“How can I help you?” I asked.
“I want you to reduce your performance level so that your shows ratings will reduce and then our show will become a hit” Mr. Khan said.
“Mr. Khan I....” I was saying but suddenly I heard someone call my name.
“Nadira” It was director sir who was looking at me angrily.
“Sir...I...” I said confused.
“Follow me, you too Mr. Kabir Khan” He said. We silently followed him to a room where the important people of the show were sitting along with Mr. Afsal Khan. After a few seconds Rishab came there.
“Sir you called me” Rishab said.
“Yes, Rishab I wanted to inform you that we are replacing Miss Nadira Ahamad” Director said.
“Sir.....” I said shocked.
“Sir, but why sir?” Rishab asked.
“She likes to stay with us and work for Mr. Khan and his show” Director said.
“Sir... it’s...it’s nothing like that” I said.
“Get out” Director said.
I was shocked and my eyes filled up with tears and I started to cry.
“Sir.....please let me explain” I said.
“Nadira just leave this show you can still work with us” Mr. Khan said.
“I cant...I...I.....” I searched my brain again for a correct way to explain but failed miserably due to the emotional mess I was at that time.
“SHUT UP AND JUST GET OUT” Director shouted and I froze at my place I couldn’t move from my place. I couldn’t say a word I just stood there frozen.
“Sir.....” Rishab called as he held my held my hand as he slightly pulled my hand and came forward.
“Sir please give her a chance to explain” Rishab said.
“What the hell will she explain Rishab?” Director asked angrily.
“Sir I don’t think Nadira is trying to cheat us in any way” Rishab said.
“I myself heard her talking with Mr. Kabir Khan” Director said.
“Sir I think there is some sort of misunderstanding, Nadira will never do something to ruin our show” Rishab said.
“Rishab this show is my biggest dream, how can I take the risk of keeping her? What is the guarantee that she will not ruin my show? Who will take the responsibility?” Director asked.
“I will take the responsibility, sir if there is any problem in her performance you can ask me to quit this show” Rishab said. I looked at Rishab shocked.
“Rishab do you realize the fact that if I wish I can make sure you don’t act again in your entire life?” Director asked.
“Of course I do sir and you are free to do that” Rishab said.
“Rishab.....don’t......” I said shocked I couldn’t believe that this guy was ready to spoil his entire career for me.
“One more mistake and both of you are out of my show” Director said.
“OK sir” Rishab said,
“Rishab........” I said and looked at him shocked.
“Let’s pack up for today we will shoot tomorrow” Director said as he rushed out.
“Nadira what the hell have you done” Mr. Khan asked as he pulled my hand that was when I realised I was still holding Rishab’s hand with my other hand. I looked back at Rishab through my eyes which was still filled with tears.

 I looked back at Rishab through my eyes which was still filled with tears

“I thought she was with us Kabir” Afsal Khan said.
“Abba there is some sort of confusion I will sort this out” Kabir said.
“There is no sort of confusion Mr. Kabir Khan I don’t work for you I work for this show” I said.
“Nadira there is no need to get so emotional” Mr. Khan said.
“Can you please get lost” I said and started crying again.
“Nadira......” Mr. Khan was going to say something again but Rishab stopped him.
“Please........Stop will you?” Rishab asked as he came forward and held my shoulders.
Mr. Khan walked away.
Rishab made me turn to face him.
“Nadira...I...” Rishab was saying but stopped as I hugged him tight and started crying.
“Thank you.....thank you so much Rishab” I said.
“Nadira, I know that you didn’t want to do this show earlier but now this show is your life and you won’t do anything against it” Rishab said.
“What if I make any mistake accidently and what if you lose this show because of that?” I asked.
“Nadira I trust you, you won’t make any mistakes and I am with you and I will make sure you won’t make any mistakes” Rishab said.
“Thank you” I said and hugged him more tightly if it was even possible.
************************************Hey guys before I continue writing this story I want to know your veiws about this story. Tell me whether you liked the concept or not wether you want any changes you are free to tell me. Ideas for the next chapters is also accepted.

With love
Aiswarya Vinod.