20.Love or pain

“Is this necessary?” Rishab asked after reading the script.
We were sitting in my vanity van and reading the script for the coming episodes after shooting.
“Of course it is” Director said.
“Sir don’t you think the tragedy is too much?” I asked.
“Listen Nadira this is the story of Salim and Anarkali  this is a story of pain and even if it was not Sanar the couple will have to feel the pain because there is no love story without pain” Director said.
“That’s true too, Rishab I think we should get ready to fight with each other on screen” I said.
“OK” Rishab said.
“Well then good luck both of you” Director said as he stood up and left.
“Nadira, do you believe in what he said?” Rishab asked.
“What about Sanar story being the story of pain its true right?” I asked.
“Not that, do you believe that every love story includes pain?” Rishab asked.
“Of course I do pain is the price we should pay for falling in love, now look at Sanar what was Anarkali’s fault she just fell in love and she suffered a lot without doing anything wrong. Rishab if someone chooses between love and pain in the end both the choices will have the same result-pain” I said.
“Have you experienced pain in love?” Rishab asked.
“Not really, have you?” I said.
“I have” Rishab said.
“Tell me what happened” I said.
“Let it be” Rishab said.
“If you don’t trust me it’s OK, don’t tell me” I said as I stood up to leave.
“Sit down” Rishab said.
“What!” I asked surprised.
“I trust you Nadira sit down I will tell you everything” Rishab said.
“OK” I said and sat down.
“Two years back before I came here I lived in my village. There was an uncle who ran a drama company and his most famous play was the story of Salim and Anarkali I used to play the role of Salim and there was a girl who used to play the role of Anarkali. She was my best friend, she was a Muslim too” Rishab said.
“Then what happened?” I asked curiously.
“I didn’t realise when our friendship turned into love we were young at that time I had spend my whole life with her no one understood me like she did, she was really different from other girls, She was crazy but she was really special for me at that time I couldn’t have imagined my life without her, Me her and our two best friends Shaan and Ruksar we used to hang out together all the time” Rishab said.
“What was her name?” I asked.
“Julie” Rishab said
“She was a Muslim right?”I asked.
“Yes but she calls herself Julie” Rishab said and started talking about some important events of their love story.

#1
“I love you Salim yuck! I hate saying all these cheesy stuff on stage” Julie said.
“Shut up and memorise the lines I don’t want you to forget your lines when you are on stage get it” I said.
“OK Rishab sir any other comments for me? Come on Rishab, you are just playing the role of Salim on stage don’t act like you are the real prince Salim OK” Julie said.
“I am not acting like Salim I just don’t want you to make a mistake in front of so many people” I said.
“Hey Julie which Anarkali suit do you wanna wear tonight?” Ruksar who was holding two different Anarkali suits in two different hands asked.
“Both are too long” Julie said.
“Julie it is an Anarkali suit it is the normal length” I said.
“OK I will wear that green” Julie said.
“Ruksar where is your boyfriend?” I asked.
“Shaan went check the stage arrangements he will be back within no time” Ruksar said.
“Julie I think you should learn something from Ruksar unlike you she always knows where her boyfriend is” I said.
“I am not going to learn anything for you OK if you want to be with me you have to learn stuff or else I will find a better boyfriend” Julie said.
“Rishab talking to her is a waste of time” Ruksar said.
“You are right” Julie said as she stood up and left.

#2
“Shaan I am so happy for you” Ruksar said.
“Ya dude it’s not a small thing it’s a big dance competition and you are the only one from here who is selected to go to Mumbai and participate in it” I said.
“This calls for a celebration guys” Julie said.
“Of course it dose” I said.
“We can celebrate later but first tell me is anyone of you coming with me?” Shaan asked.
“If I had a choice I would have definitely joined you to Mumbai but I won’t get the permission” Ruksar said.
“And I can’t afford to travel so far” I said.
“You guys wait and watch one day I will become such a famous dancer that I will own my own private jet” Julie said.
“Hello! Julie, madam stop day dreaming” I said shaking her by her shoulder.
“Rishab it’s a dream we cannot control dreams” Julie said.
“Guys it’s getting late we can celebrate later I should get going home” Ruksar said and stood up.
“I will come with you” Shaan said.
“Julie you should also get going now” I said.
“I don’t wanna go now I will go after sometime” Julie said as she kept her head on my shoulder. She was looking damn cute like that. Ruksar and Shaan left the place.
“Julie....” I called.
“Hmmm....” She said in a sleepy voice.
“Do you love me?” I asked.
She raised her head from my shoulder and slapped me hard on the face.
“What was that for?” I asked shocked.
“Can’t you see that I love you duffer, If you ask me something so stupid like this again I am gonna kill you” Julie said.
I looked at her with an open mouth surprised at her behaviour.

#3
“Where the hell is this girl I am getting worried” I said.
“Don’t worry Rishab, she will come Ruksar has went to call her anyway” Shaan said.
“But she never used to come so late for the rehearsals” I said.
“Ah look Ruksar is here” Shaan said.
“Ruksar where is she?” I asked.
Ruksar had a worried expression on her face.
“What happened, Ruksar?” Shaan asked.
“Rishab her abba got to know about both of you someone saw you guys together and told her abba that you two love each other” Ruksar said.
“Is she OK what happened?” I asked.
“She has been beaten up by her family her condition is really bad” Ruksar said.
*
“I was shocked, I was angry, I was sad I wanted to take her away from there but she won’t come with me I knew that her family is dangerous and she won’t put me in danger I understood that if I stay there any longer her situation will become worst she might also be forced to marry someone and I didn’t want that to happen so I decided to leave the village and come here. I didn’t even get the chance to see her for one last time” Rishab said as tears welled up in his eyes.
“I should have stayed............I.........I......” Rishab struggled to speak.
“Rishab calm down” I said and I cupped his face.
“I am so sorry I made you remember all this again I am so sorry” I said.
Rishab didn’t talk. He hugged me tight.
“Actually I feel better after sharing it with you thank you Nadira for listening” Rishab said as he hugged me tighter.
Suddenly I heard the sound of the door opening. I broke the hug and looked back at the person standing there.
“Mr. Khan..........” I said.
************************************Hey guys finally done updating one more chapter sorry for the late update  hope you guys like it.

With love
Aiswarya Vinod.