Edward kenway x reader rum is the best Medicine

Start from the beginning

"Aye, that's a nasty lookin' wound you have, lass... but don't worry, I can fix it up."

You look down at your leg and soon begin to feel a bit nautious as you notice a sharp object stuck into it, a deep cut appearing underneath. You soon gasp and watch as Edward runs off towards the Jackdaw. You reach your hand out before slowly pulling it back.

You sigh sadly as you lower your head. You then stare down at the wound before leaning back onto the grass behind you.

"Why is he helping me? Especially after all I said to him... could he be in love with-- oh, (y/n)... don't be foolish! He couldn't possibly feel that way..." 

You laugh softly to yourself before hearing the sound of footsteps, walking towards you. You look up and smile a little as you notice the golden-haired pirate kneel down in front of you. He smiles softly as he notices you smile up at him.

"Calmed down now, lass?"

You blush a little as you notice him smiling down at you. His soft blue eyes meeting your (e/c) eyes. He notices your blush and chuckles softly.

"Yes. I'm sorry... I know I haven't been kind to you."

Edward soon kneels down beside you, putting down a pair of tweezers, a bottle of rum and a piece of rag next to him on the ground.

"No worries, lass... besides, I'm the one who should be apologisin'. I broke my promise to you. Can you forgive me, (y/n)?"

You smirk a little and gently push your hand against Edward's shoulder, pushing him away from you.

"Of course, Captain... despite you acting like an arse~"

Edward smirks and chuckles before picking up the pair of tweezers. He then uses it to gently pull out the sharp object stuck in your leg. You grit your teeth and grip onto the grass behind you. Edward uses the tweezers in order to throw the sharp object away into one of the nearby bushes before turning back to you.

"It's alright, lass... it's out now. Just need to clean it up..."

You smile softly as he puts down the tweezers before picking up the bottle of rum. You give him a somewhat disappointed expression as he pulls out the cork.

"Really, Edward? You think this is the time to drink rum?"

Edward laughs.

"Anytime is good to drink rum, lass! But that's not what it's gonna be used for. You had better brace yourself, lass... this may sting a little." 

You make a confused expression as you watch Edward begin to pour a small amount of rum onto your wound. You groan as you feel a stinging sensation on your leg and tense up your fingers, gripping tightly to the grass.

"A little?! It hurts a LOT, you pisspot!!"

Edward chuckles a little from your exclamation and picks up the piece of rag as he gently begins to wipe the rum away from your wound.

"Sorry, lass. I 'eard rumours that rum is meant to be good for open cuts..."

"I see... s-still, it hurts."

You feel a few tears come to your eyes as the stinging sensation of the rum continues to penetrate your wound. Edward notices the tears run down your cheeks and uses his fingers to gently wipe them away. You blush as you look up into his sapphire blue eyes.

"Don't worry, lass. The pain will ease..."

You nod and smile softly as you feel Edward wrap a clean rag around your wound. You look down at him but soon blush and look away as his eyes meet yours. He smirks as he notices your red-coloured cheeks.

"Your face seems to be the colour of tomatoes, lass... are you feelin' alright~?"

You frown a bit, attempting to hide your blushing cheeks.

"O-of course... it's just hot today."

Edward gently uses a hand to lift up your chin. He smirks as he looks deeply into your (e/c) eyes. You blush a brighter shade of red as you lower your gaze to the ground. Edward gently lifts your chin up once again.

"Don't be shy, lass... I know that you're havin' some feelin's."

"It's true. I DO have feelings for him..."You thought to yourself.

"I admit to having some feelings, Captain... feelings I've had for a long time, in fact."

You blush brighter as you feel Edward's hand run down your neck before reaching your chest area.

"I know how you feel, lass. I know that there are many lasses around but none of them 'ave made me feel this way before. You're somethin' special..."

You gently hold Edward's hand in yours and soon open your eyes widely as you feel the young pirate's lips meet yours. You close your eyes and deepen the kiss, slowly moving your body closer to his. He holds you close with his free hand and soon slowly pulls his lips away from yours.

"I knew it..."

Edward gently holds your hands, feeling nervous that something was wrong.

"What's that, lass?"

You smirk at him before gently caressing his shoulder with your hand.

"A lot of the girls around here say that you're the best kisser... and I couldn't agree more~"

Edward smirks back before kissing your forehead and picking up the bottle of rum, which was still 3/4 full.

"This calls for a celebration, lass..."

You make a frowning expression before taking the bottle from him and beginning to drink from it. You smirk and soon hand it back to him, watching as he takes a drink.

"Well, we 'ave to get rid of the rest of it somehow, lass... what say you?"

You smirk before sitting in Edward's lap and taking the bottle of rum back from him.

"I say... we get pissed, Kenway~"