✒ Rhombus Shape ❤

I stare at the deadly shurikens on the table in front of me. "Are you sure you want me to sharpen them? I think they look dangerous enough"

"I don't need to hear your complaints. Hurry up and sharpen all 14 of them in five minutes"

"E-Excuse me?! Five minutes? That's frickin impossible!"

"Everything is possible, Kaoru"

"Everything, eh? You just said it was impossible for me to fetch away your damn mask!"

"Well, actually, it is possible if you can manage to do it. Now get to your work or I won't make those takoyaki you asked me to"

"Fine, fine. Is this a task?"

"If you consider so, then sure, it's another task then. But remember, less than five minutes" The Shinobi says behind his back while walking to the kitchen.

Is he seriously making me do this? But what if I cut my hands or something?
I pick two of the throwing stars and grind them together. They make the metal sounds and it just feels like... Well, it feels so deadly.

"Another thing, Kaoru! If you cut your hands then it's considered as failing the task!" I hear him yells from the kitchen.

I'm trying my best not to let that happen. It's kinda hard, though. These weapons are so hard to carry. They've got four sharp angles. Don't they usually they have only three? I dunno, there are different types of shurikens. Personally, I kinda like his.

What I notice about all four of them is... They all have that quadrilateral rhombus shape curved on one of their sharp edges. Perhaps it reflects something about him. His signature mark, maybe? A ninja probably has something like that.

Wait a minute... I think I've seen this geometric shape somewhere. Oh yeah, the kunai he gave me. It has got this shape curved on it too.

Damn, for a moment, though. I felt like I've finally figured out something big.

I keep grinding the sharp edges together. It'll probably make fire that way so I better stop and move on to the next pair.

Five minutes passed. I've sharpened all seven pairs, fortunately. Yay, another task completed and I've gotta dig in those delicious takoyaki that sensei's making!

Following the smell of the food, I dash to the kitchen. "I've completed the task. Let me have some of those!" I point at the takoyaki he's cooking.

"You're finished? Good girl"

"Don't say that! You're making me sound like... A dog"

Sensei chuckles. "That's kinda cute"

"Cute? You like dogs?" I ask.

"Yeah"

"And cats?"

"Yeah"

"Choose between cats and dogs!"

"I'm more like a cat person so... Cat"

"You seem so to me. Well, rush things up quickly! I'm starving!" I say and storm out of the kitchen.

A few minutes later, he arrives with a plate of six takoyaki in his hands.

"Wait... I thought I saw eight earlier" I say.

"I ate them. Now enjoy yours"

"Oh. So you only had three of them?"

"Two. Bad math, Kaoru"

"Haha... Yeah" I clap my hands together and say say the usual phrase. "Thanks for the food!" And start digging in.

"You might choke, don't rush" He advises.

"You sure you don't want some more?" I ask.

"No thanks, I'm good" He replies.

"That's why your skin looks pale"

"It's whiter than yours"

"Who cares!?"

Here we go again, arguing about nonsense. I couldn't careless, though. His culinary skill's impressive!

~•~•~•❤•~•~•~

COMMENT, VOTE, RECOMMEND TO OTHER FRIENDS

Did you know? Rhombus shape represents who? ;)

♦♦♦