Making A Hero {Pt.1}

Hey! I think I'm going to pick this story back up! Just.. pray it goes well. Part one of Making A Hero contains Dick, Jason's should be up soon and I originally planned to post it with this one but this turned out a bit longer than I expected and I didn't want to skimp out on Jason's, I know a lot of you guys love him. Please enjoy!  

_Dick Grayson_ 

"No." 

"But I can do it!" You protest, crossing your arms. Dick stared down at you with those cold blue eyes. You tried not to wilt under the anger in his gaze. "I really can, I want to help." 

"Y/N, it's way too dangerous." He said, crossing his arms and shaking his head. You bit your lip, glaring up at him. 

"I don't care, do you know how many times I've been kidnapped? A lot. To many, if you ask me! If I knew how to protect myself, if you taught me to be like you, I could do so much!" 

"Or you could die," 

"Yeah, but you take that risk, why can't I?" You hiss, jabbing a finger in his chest. He furrows his brows at you and shakes his head. 

"No- That's- no." He huffs. "You got shot last time you tried to do something for 'the greater good'." 

"But if you taught me and helped me be like you that'd never happened!" You whine though you felt a bit childish. "You said-"

"I said I'd think about it," He growled, you stepped back at his tone. He'd never been really angry, at least not at you. "And I did, and no." 

"Dick." You whisper, your spirits dropping. You had been so sure he'd help you, that you two could be the next superhero duo! But that look in his eye... it was filled with so much pain. You swallowed thickly. He'd lost a lot being a hero. "I'm sorry... I just..." 

"No, I... get it. I can teach you some basic things, okay? Because you need to protect yourself better."  He smiled lightly, flicking your forehead lightly. "But that's it, no skin-tight costumes or vigilante justice from you, okay?"

You sighed dramatically, "fine." 

He grabbed your hand and pulled you towards the door of your apartment. You protested, a bit startled. He led you to his motorcycle parked outside, handing you the helmet and getting on. "Where are we going?" You ask shakily. 

"Well, to Wayne Manor. C'mon." 

"Wayne Man- what?" You climb on behind him and wrapped your hands around his waist. It was almost dark, the sky lighting up in a flurry of colors. You looked up at it, past the towering skyscrapers. You wanted to protect such a beautiful city. You sighed and rested your head against Dick's back. Though it wasn't quite so comfortable with the helmet. He started up the bike and took off. 

By the time you arrived at Wayne Manor, your legs felt a lot like jelly. You teetered a little, grabbing on to Dick's arm for support. "I did not enjoy that," You hissed. 

Dick laughed at you and pushed open the large doors that led inside. Your breath was immediately stolen from your chest. It was grand, large portraits decorating the walls, dark wood floors leading the way to a large staircase and branching off into different halls. "Woah, you live here?" 

"Sometimes," Dick shrugged smiling, "we're here to use the training room, though. Don't wander around, you might run into someone angry." He warned vaguely. 

"What? Angry?" You followed his long strides toward a clock. "A clo-"

As soon as you opened your mouth, Dick pulled a lever and the clock sild away to reveal a secret path. "No way," You whispered, covering your mouth. This was almost ridiculous. Dick smiled over his shoulder as he started down a dark staircase. You reluctantly followed.