˗ˋˏ Forever ˎˊ˗

Eras: 2007 Seattle Ryan & Vices Brendon

"I-I think I'm going to do it tonight, Spence," Ryan said nervously into the phone. He bit his lip awaiting his best friend's reply.

"Seriously!?" Spencer exclaimed. "Dude! He's totally going to say yes! You'll be fine, don't worry."

Ryan sighed. "I don't know. I've just, I just don't want it to be like those videos of people going all out and their significant other just walks off." Ryan brought his hand up to his face and started chewing on his finger.

"Ryan, listen to me. He loves you. So much. Remember that one time when you first started college and you two weren't in the same dorm? And how he went ballistic and demanded you two to be roomed with each other? Or what about that time when-"

"Spencer I get it," he interrupted and let out another sigh while dropping his hand from his mouth. "I just don't want to have any high hopes. We've been together for six years, what if he's bored of me? What if he doesn't love me anymore? What if-"

Spencer let out a groan on the other line that shut Ryan up. "Ryan, stop thinking like that. Look, I gotta go, I have to board the plane now. Tell me how it goes, alright?"

"Okay I will. Bye Spence, have a safe flight."

"Will do, Ry. See ya." Ryan heard the line end, so he pulled his cell phone away from his ear. He heard Brendon emerge from the bathroom and walk out to Ryan.

Here goes nothing.

✵✵

Ryan twirled Brendon's hair in his fingers as Brendon cuddled next to him contently. They stared at the black TV screen in front of them, relishing in the moment.

Better do it sooner than later, Ryan thought.

"Hey, Bren?"

"Hm?" Brendon shifted his head to look at Ryan, intently waiting on his boyfriend to continue.

"Do you want to walk on the beach one last time before we leave tomorrow?" he suggested, praying to a god he doesn't believe in that Brendon will say yes.

And yes again later.

A smile grew on Brendon's lips. "You read my mind." He slowly got up from leaning on Ryan and stood up. He extended his hand to help pull Ryan off of the couch.

Ryan quickly thought of an excuse to retrieve the velvet box without causing suspicion. "I need to piss real quick, I'll be right out."

"Hurry up!" Brendon called playfully as Ryan rushed into the bedroom. He opened his bedside drawer and reached in the back, feeling around for the little red box. He felt the fuzziness of the box and pulled it out, shoving it into a deep pocket on his khaki shorts. He stepped into the bathroom and flushed the unused toilet and washed his hands as if he used it. He walked out to Brendon as calmly as he could. On the inside, he was having a panic attack.

"Let's go, shall we?" Brendon asked, lacing his fingers with Ryan's. Brendon opened the door to the little deck they had outside of their room and walked out into the warm Hawaiian evening breeze. Brendon shut the door behind them and they walked out to the ocean, just about to where the waves rolled in. The stood there, hand in hand, watching the sun go down in almost silence; the waves were the only noise they could hear.

Ryan looked and saw practically no one on the beach. He only saw a few people, but they were too far away to make out. Within the few minutes they were standing there, Brendon laid his head on Ryan's shoulder.

"I love you," Brendon said, breaking the silence of the waves crashing on the sand.

Here we go, Ryan thought.

"I love you too," he paused, "so much," another pause. He took a deep breath and sighed it out. "Brendon Boyd Urie," he began, a bit shakily. Brendon lifted his head off of Ryan's shoulder and faced him, cocking his head and an eyebrow in confusion. Ryan reached out and grabbed Brendon's other hand. "I love you so goddamn much. When I first saw you come in late to class on day in our sophomore year, I thought to myself, 'Damn, he's hot. He's going to be mine', even though I never had the guts to speak to you. When you spoke to me six months later, I had this feeling of happiness, but it felt too good to be happiness, and I wouldn't trade that feeling for the world.

"I've been dating you for six years, Bren. And I know it's cliché, but those have been the happiest years of my life. I love everything you do for me, and I don't know where I'd be without you. You've helped shape me into the person I am today, and I can't thank you enough.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is," Ryan let go of his boyfriend's hands and pulled out the velvet box and dropped onto his knee, "will you marry me?" He opened the box, reveling a silver ring with a small diamond in it.

Brendon's hands immediately flew up to his mouth, his eyes brimming with tears. He began to nod frantically, too speechless for any words to come out. Ryan got the message and he stood up, taking Brendon's hand in his own. He took the ring out of the box and slid it on his now fiancé's ring finger. He closed the box and swiftly put it in his pocket. Brendon slipped his hand out of Ryan's and placed both of them on Ryan's face, bringing him in for a deep, passionate kiss. When they pulled away and rested their foreheads together, they were smiling like madmen. Ryan brushed away Brendon's happy tears with his thumbs.

They stood like that, staring and smiling at each other, until Brendon spoke up. "Yes."

"'Yes' what?" Ryan asked in confusion.

Brendon brought their lips together quickly then pulled apart. "Yes, I'll marry you," he grinned. They wrapped their arms each other in a tight embrace and stayed there for a good five minutes before Brendon said something again. "I never thought you could be a sappy piece of shit."

"Oh shut up," Ryan chided playfully. He leaned in closer to Brendon's ear. "Do you want to go back to our bed one last time too?" he whispered suggestively, nipping at Brendon's earlobe.

"I knew there was a reason I said yes to this," Brendon smirked. He brought Ryan's lips into a quick kiss before running back inside with Ryan slightly trailing him.

A yes that will last forever.

--

A/N: A random idea I got out of nowhere that hasn't really been edited; I just wanted to write a small thing that I can't incorporate into any books I have going on.

I don't know how often I'll update this book.

There might be a part 2 to this (just the smut suggested at the end) but I'm not sure yet.