Chapter 51 (Book 2)

“Sir.”

 “What do you want?” His piercing cold tone echoed the stone covered dungeon of his home. But his eyes not leaving the chained down Hermione Granger.

 Hermione’s hands were chained and charmed to be unbreakable. He hands were loosely hanging with the chain.  The force of the metal rod was too much that it made her unconscious. But she was slowly waking up. James Singers was with her the whole day watching and appreciating the beauty that is soon to be his.

 “Mrs. Malfoy wants to talk to you.” Said one of his henchmen that day.

 “Bring her in.” James said and sighed. He was sure Narcissa was going to bargain with him.

 The henchman nodded and opened the door wider letting Narcissa in. Narcissa looked worse that before but at least her faith was not like Draco and the others. She was a weak woman and she needed to be treated with care even she was a prisoner, besides, James didn’t want more bodies to dump and dispose.

 “James, please let them go.” Narcissa pleaded her voice weak and rough.

 James looked at Narcissa with twinkling eyes. He chuckled at Narcissa remark and simple drank his tea. This was the seventh time this day Narcissa went to him asking him to let them go and take her instead. But even how many times she asks him, his answer remains to be a no. James needed Hermione and the children but he couldn’t care less about Draco. But since Draco has Hermione’s heart he will stop at nothing to separate them even it cost killing him.

 “Don’t you ever get tired of asking me that?” James asked between chuckles.

 “No, and I never will.” Narcissa replied. She was really determined to keep asking him even at her weak state.

 “I can’t answer a question I keep on hearing, Narcissa.” Added James and informed just so Narcissa could shut up.

 “Are they okay?” Narcissa asked hoping her family was alright and out of harm’s way.

 “Ah, that I can answer.” He started and placed the tea cup on the table. He stood up and circled Narcissa. “Draco and the children are in the basement and yes they are okay.” He replied. Something in Narcissa’s gut is saying that they aren’t okay.

 “Can I see them?” She asked. She really wanted to know if they were okay and if Draco was even alive.

 “Sure.” He said and snapped his fingers two henchmen came closer to him and he instructed something.

 Narcissa watched James as he said something to his henchmen. If she was lucky maybe she could use her sneer skills and try to control the minds of the henchmen. It would be risky of course since she hasn’t used that skill for almost 20 years. She closed her eyes trying to recall those lessons she had and the meditation tips that she used. She reopened her eyes and saw James looking at her with confusion.

 “What are you doing?” He asked.

 “I suddenly felt dizzy.” She lied and placed her hand on her forehead. “But I’m fine now.” She added not wanting him to cancel the visit.