Chapter 7 (Updated)

*Chapter 7 (2017 Update)*

It was a sunny Sunday morning. Professor McGonagall had debated whether she would join the students to Hogsmeade or stay in the castle to finish a few paperwork before the weekends. Before she could make a decision a black owl had flown in from an open window and landed on the mahogany desk.

The old professor was familiar with the dark owl. She quickly retrieved the letter from the owl's beak and told the owl to rest in the owlery and be fed. After she had read the letter she requested for the Potions Master to be summoned to her office.

"You requested my presence, Headmistress?" Professor Adams entered the Headmistress' office.

Minerva stood from her chair and greeted the middle-aged wizard standing near the door.

"Ah. Marco. I apologize if I pulled you out from something important." She gestured for him to take a seat on the couch near the fireplace. "Tea?"

"Thank you, Headmistress." He smiled gratefully and watched the enchanted teapot pour the tea in the antique teacup. "I was just restocking the potions cupboard for when he arrives."

Minerva nodded and pour herself a cup of tea. "Of course. Speaking of him. Marco, I received a letter from India this morning. It seems that he has finished with his expedition and is expected to arrive today." The old headmistress informed.

"That is wonderful news, Headmistress!" Marco exclaimed. "But I will surely miss Hogwarts." He sighed. He had spent the few weeks enjoying the company of the students and helping them grow and understand the importance of potions. Even the first years have enjoyed each lesson the middle-aged wizard taught.

The headmistress looked at her short-term employee, she had heard wonderful feedback from the students about this middle-aged wizard. It might be his first time teaching, but he did an exceptional job. He was almost made for the job. Minerva immediately had the Ministry know and suggest that Marco be a part of the teaching staff for the training Aurors.

"I am glad you enjoyed your time here, Marco. Our students will miss you dearly."

"Please, Professor, if you do need another substitute please do not hesitate to owl me."

Tea and a meaningful conversation can make the time fly. Before the two professors noticed it was almost late afternoon and the original Potion's master would return from his extended trip any moment, but not later than dinner.

As Marco was finishing a story about a first-year exploding cauldron the flames in the fireplace began to erupt and turn into huge green flames. The two professor stood up to greet the person traveling by Floo network.

The flames began to calm down and appeared Draco Malfoy exiting the Floo gracefully and confidently. He brushed the ash that stuck to his robes and greeted his old professor.

"Mr. Malfoy." The old headmistress greeted with a smile. "It is wonderful to see you again."

"It is good to be back, headmistress. I do apologize for the delay."

"Nothing to worry about, my boy. Come sit, let us have tea and tell us about the stone you found in India." The old headmistress poured a cup and offered it to the young potions master.

Monday marks the start of a new school week. Professor Minerva McGonagall decided to have brunch in her office along with a few officials from the Ministry, Professor Adams, and Draco Malfoy. The headmistress insisted that they join together to discuss the future recommendations qualified to join the Ministry, Professor Adams' recommendation to take on a post in training Aurors, and it was the perfect opportunity for Draco Malfoy to present his astonishing discovery.