Chapter 26 (Updated)

Chapter 26 *2024 Update*

"Mrs, McLaggen, I have the documents you ask—" Hermione's assistant was stunned as she came face to face with an empty office chair and her boss nowhere to be found.

Anne, Cormac's cousin stepped into the office noticing the assistant standing there.

"Ms. Anne." The assistant acknowledged.

"Is Hermione in a meeting?" Anne asked. The assistant quickly checked her planner to see if there was a scheduled meeting she had missed but Hermione knew about it. To her surprise, there was no ongoing meeting.

"There is no ongoing meeting. The whole afternoon is free except a 5 PM meeting with the Italians."

"What is today?" Anne walked over to Hermione's desk to see a small desk calendar sitting near a photo of Alicia as a child riding a child-sized broom. "I see. It's the middle of the month." Anne concluded noticing one of the dates circled in blue marker.

"Oh my. How did I miss that?" The assistant wanted to slap herself for forgetting. "I will reschedule the meeting with the Italians and block her schedule. Tomorrow as well."

"Thank you and if anything is urgent please redirect all communication to me and I will handle it. I will make myself available."

"Will do, Ms. Anne." The assistant scribbled the instructions on paper.

For some reason, it felt like the sky was in sync with Hermione's mood. The thick grey clouds covered the sun's rays and a faint sound of thunder was heard. Hermione was inside the car her eyes forward ignoring the people rushing to get to shelter before the rain poured. She didn't care though. Her mind was set on one thing and no rain was going to stop her from doing what she needed to do. She turned to the basket of flowers beside her and touched one of the white petals.

"I bet he will like these." She whispered.

The car slowly came to a stop and the driver looked in the mirror only to find his passenger deep in thought. He got out and opened the passenger door.

"Madam, we're here." He said. Hermione turned to him and showed a small smile.

He helped Hermione to step out of the car before getting the basket of flowers. Hermione fixed the hood on her head before the driver handed her the flowers.

"Thank you."

Hermione began to walk the stone steps leading to a greenhouse she had commissioned for her son. Some might say it was a little too much for a baby but as a mother she still wanted her son protected at all costs. She wanted her son to have a place to play so he wouldn't get lonely. With a tap of her wand, the glass door unlocked. The inside was impressive, to say the least. Lush green plants and flowers filled the whole room and in the middle was a small Fringe tree and under the tree was a headstone where her son was.

"Hello, my darling." She smiled as she affectionally touched the headstone. "The tree is blooming beautifully."

Baby Artem Granger

An angel that returned too soon.

You will always be remembered.

Memories of that day when she held her lifeless baby in her arms came flooding back as if a tsunami came crashing in washing away her foundations. A wound that never healed began to bleed.

"How I long to hold you in my arms and never let you go." She whimpered in between her words. "My darling boy. Please keep watch over your sister."

A few hours had passed and Hermione didn't realize she had fallen asleep leaning on the tree's trunk for support. She was awoken by a feline Patronus nuzzling its nose on her hand. She recognized its owner immediately. When she heard the message, she immediately waved her wand and secured the greenhouse before apparating to the nearest floo network.