Chapter 2

Both the girls left and I was sat leaning against the bed where they once lay.

Members of Night Raid...

I can't say I don't like them.

They kill people but for the right reason.

But they still kill people, and I now know their faces so they're coming to get me soon to take them to their base.

But if I agreed to go with them, I would have to become a member of Night Raid... if I went with them and didn't become a member...

I'd be dead.

Or I could chose to completely ignore what had happened and try and see that girl from last night again.

She was pretty cute, except she's an imperial arms user and a guard.

And her arms had been removed...

I hope she was okay.

I'd managed to tend to the girls from Night Raid's wounds fairly well. They'd heal after a while anyway.

Ugh, I slammed my head against the table.

It was around midnight, they left at 10 saying they'd be here in about 2 hours.

So they'll be here any minute.

I have to make a decision quickly.

I either join an outlaw gang, or I live my normal life pretending I don't know what the hell happened tonight.

The latter sounds so much easier.

But... I know how bad the Capital is...

I'd do anything to help change it...

I guess I've made my decision then.

I heard a knock at the shop door and I am opened it up and saw Sheele with a hood over her head.

"Ready?" She asked and I nodded my head. "Grab a cloak, and be ready to run."

I nodded and ran up to my room, leaving a note on my bed saying I'd be back as soon as I can.

I took my favourite F/C cloak off my hanger and put it on rushing back to the front door.

"Let's go." I said quietly before we ran off to... where she was leading me.

~~~~~~

A short 5 minute run later we arrived at a huge building I saw that there was a older woman stood outside the door, keeping watch most likely.

"Sheele, welcome back." She said before eyeing me up suspiciously.

"This is... actually I never asked your name." She giggled as I took the hood of my cloak off.

"My names Y/N." I smiled at the woman who still didn't let her guard down.

"He saved Mine and my own life easier today." Sheele admitted almost embarrassed. "So I thought he'd be a useful aid."

"Hmm..." The woman eyed me up and down, I was only slightly taller than she was but she seemed so much more terrifying. "Go inside and get yourself a room, we'll discuss this tomorrow."

Sheele grabbed my hand and ran inside the woman from before made sure the door was closed behind us before staying outside to keep watch.

"Thank goodness." Sheele said in a relieved sigh. "Your room will be next to my room."

She let go of my hand before pausing for a moment and then retaking it. I didn't particually know what to do anymore.

She dragged me to the room before showing me inside. "It's not the biggest, but it's yours."