Fifty Four: The End

"And done," Cecilia announced as she finished straightening Rae's dress. "Evie did one hell of a job."

"I agree with you there." Raelynn turned around to a mirror and spun around. "It's beautiful." The dress was a light purple colour with the top part being covered by white lace with a bow on the front. The skirt had two layers; the top one was a see-through high-low skirt and the bottom one was a tight skirt. "You think Grey'll like it?" Rae asked as she combed her lightly curled brown hair.

"I think that he'll be unable to speak for a couple minutes." Ceci replied.

"Well, I guess I'm ready." Rae looked herself up and down, her eyes stopping on her bare feet. "Wait!" she ran over to under her bed and retrieved... her sun necklace. Grey had given it back to her once they had gotten back to Auradon. She went to the mirror and put it on. "Now I'm ready."

"Go make that guy lose his words Rae." Ceci said.

"I will." Rae smiled and hugged her best friend. "Thank you."

"Anytime." Ceci said, hugging back. "Now go get him."

"I know I'm going." Rae pulled away and walked towards the open door. She ended up tripping over her own feet, but caught herself on the doorframe before she could hit the floor. "Such grace." She laughed. "See ya later C!" she called before running outside. It kind of made her anxious going back to the forest, but she knew Grey would be there waiting for her.

"Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine..." she sang as she walked through the trees. "Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine..." she walked further. "Heal what has been hurt... Change the fate's design... save what has been lost... bring back what once was mine..."

"What once..." a voice sang from behind the trees. "Was mine." Rae parted the trees and saw it. And him. A purple picnic blanket spread across the grass, in the centre of the blanket was the symbolic yellow sun, a picnic basket in the centre of it. There were glasses, plates, and Grey was sat down on the right side of the blanket.

"Wow..." Rae gasped as she looked at it all.

"You like?" Grey asked.

"I can't believe you did all of this for me..." she breathed, a huge smile spreading across her face.

"I wish I had done more but I wanted to recreate what I wanted to do last time." he replied, standing up.

"Grey, this is more than enough." she said, walking towards him. "It's amazing."

"I'm glad you like it." he said as he pulled her into his arms. "I'm really glad." he repeated and kissed her. She kissed him back.

"Of course I do."

"You look absolutely beautiful by the way." he whispered. "Absolutely amazing." Rae's cheeks turned pink.

"Thank you..." she replied quietly.

"Let's eat shall we." he said, gesturing to the basket.

"We shall." she nodded and walked to the picnic basket, sitting down cross legged on the blanket. Grey pulled out a bottle.

"Champagne?"

"Sure." Rae nodded and picked up her glass. He picked up the bottle and poured some of it into their glasses.

"Non alcoholic." he reassured. She nodded.

"A toast?"

"Yep." he said, picking up the glass and holding it up. "To us?"

"To us." she nodded and they clinked their glasses together.

"So..." Grey said after taking a sip. "There's something I've been meaning to ask you." He said, digging through the basket.

"Go ahead." Rae nodded, resting her glass on her knee after sipping the champagne. He pulled out a box and opened it, revealing a golden bracelet decorated with flowers and black pearls.

"Will you..." he choked up a bit. "Will you be my girlfriend?" Rae gasped and a huge smile broke out across her face. She even teared up a bit.

"Grey... you didn't have to get me anything..." she gazed at the bracelet. "But of course I'll be your girlfriend." She kissed him and attacked him with a hug.

"Whoa." he remarked as his back hit the floor.

"Sorry, I'm just happy." she shrugged, looking down at him. He placed his hands on her hips
"I'm glad to hear that." he whispered.

"You make me happy." She said. "And now you're my boyfriend. But I want to put this bracelet on, it's pretty."

"Well if you let me get up maybe I can put it for you."

"Fine." she moved off him and sat cross legged back where she was before. He sat up and pulled the bracelet out, holding her wrist, and latched the bracelet on. He brought her hand up to his lips and gently kissed it.

"Have you been taking Prince tips from Ben?" she joked.

"Nope, I just know how to be a gentleman sometimes." he smirked.

"If you class being a gentleman as stripping away my right to walk like a normal person then sure." she rolled her eyes.

"I did say sometimes." he retorted. "And I just like holding you. Plus as much as I love you barefoot, you can get hurt easily."

"I'm not a damsel in distress, I can look after myself you know." she said. "You're just overprotective."

"I have reason to be. Plus if you truly hated it, you wouldn't be here now would you?" He smirked and booped her nose.

"I hate you." she rolled her eyes and leaned away from him.

"No you don't." he said, leaning towards her.

"Uh, yeah. I do hate you." she leaned back more.

"Well," he said, close to her face. "I really love you." he pecked her cheek.

"Well," she raised her eyebrows. "I really hate you." she smirked slightly.

"I love you." Grey said, nuzzling her neck. Rae lifted his head up by his chin using her index finger and stared into his eyes and kissed him.

"And I love you too."

The End.