Six

As soon as Mal and Evie got to their room, all of the tears and anger that Mal had held in came gushing out all at once. She kept saying how it was all her fault, that she should have just stayed on the Isle so Ben wouldn't have to worry about her, and how she needed to get her spellbook back and go to the Isle to confront her mother. Evie had the difficult job of calming her down until Ben arrived.

"Mal, it's going to be ok. Grey said she doesn't have her spell book or her staff. She's not going to get out." Evie tried to calm her friend down.

"Evie this is Maleficent we're talking about. Mistress of all Evil, most feared and worst villain of all. My mother." Mal shook her head, tears rolling down her cheeks. "She'll find her way... she must hate me so much... and it's all my fault..."

"She didn't for over 20 years." Evie pointed out.

"That's not the point. She used us to get her revenge when we were first sent her. Who knows where her staff and spell book are! Someone will have them and might give them to her. Then we're in even more trouble..." Mal sighed.

"They're in the museum. They're safe." Evie reassured. "Nothing is going to happen"

"We don't know that." Mal shook her head, turning away from Evie. "Grey has clearly seen her... she's manipulative... what if he's here to do something?"

"Greyson?" Evie laughed slightly, "Doubtful. Jay was usually the brains behind whatever they did. And your mother wouldn't trust him with anything."

"If she's desperate for her revenge... then maybe she would..." Mal muttered.

"Mal, don't you think you might be a bit paranoid?" Evie asked. "Just a little?" She  put her index and thumb a little space apart to emphasise.

"I'm just thinking ahead... just in case of the worst..." Mal mumbled defensively. "At least then if she randomly shows up I'm a little bit mentally prepared."

"At least we got a warning." Evie shrugged.

"I guess so." Mal said quietly. "I should have never gotten her out of there." she muttered looking over to the little tank where Maleficent used to be when she was a lizard.

"Keep in mind it was Uma who turned her back. Had she done that here." Evie shuddered a bit at the possibility.

"I know.. that would've been even worse." Mal shook her head.

"Yeah it would have."

"I wonder how Grey's taking it here. I know I wasn't the happiest when we first came." Mal said, looking at Evie.

"I'll be honest." Evie said. "I'm surprised we haven't heard any screaming yet." Mal laughed.

"I'm sure he'll pull his old pranks again soon enough."

"You think Jay'll join in?" Evie asked.

"No. Jay's different now. Hopefully he'll be able to talk to Grey though." Mal said.

"We'll just have to see how things go. But if he steps out of line I'm not going to hold back from confronting him."

"Wouldn't expect anything less. You were the only one able to control him somewhat." Evie pointed out.

"Because we were dating." Mal sighed. "Let's just hope he doesn't go rogue."

"Well we are all rotten aren't we?" Evie said. Mal smiled and took Evie's hand.

"To the core."