Part 15: Dear Olivia

Not gonna lie, I made myself cry while writing this chapter..

Kellin's POV:
Ever since the day I got here and first could buy a few things from the store in here, I've had the low quality calender hanging on the wall next to my nighstand table.

It's literally just a paper with the months on it for the year and each day I have made a big cross across the square for the day that has just passed. And today I'm making another cross that let's me know I've been here for three months by now, having exactly one year left today.

I put down the pen on my table again, laying down in my bed where Vic already is lying. I can honestly not remember the last time we actually slept in our own seperate beds at night. We literally shift between mine and Vic's.

First sleeping in mine for a few nights together and then in Vic's so that we won't have to go throw our sheets in the laundry quite as often. I'm the kind of person who will think about the environment despite being locked up in prison.

Vic wraps his arm around me, pulling me into his embrace as he spoons me from behind. I feel his breathing at the back of my neck as we both lay there, still awake but without saying a word to each other.

"Only a year left for you here princess.." he mumbles against my neck, his voice giving away the fact that he has mixed feelings about it.

"Only was an interesting word to use. It feels like it's forever," I say.

"For you, one year in here is forever. For me, not any longer. Which right now is a bad thing since it feels like I'm going to lose you soon."

Turning around in Vic's embrace I face him, looking up at him through my eyelashes. I peck his chin as that is all I can reach right now before speaking up.

"I understand what you mean, but you won't actually lose me. Yes, I will leave this place and we won't be here together and see each other every day. But you'll still have me, I promise."

I shuffle up in bed so that I can reach up to peck Vic's lips this time instead of only the chin, feeling him smile into the kiss before I pull away giggling as Vic had started to teasingly nibble on my lip, making it tickle.

"In that case, it is obviously also a positive thing that one year in here isn't that long. Since when you leave, I'll have a year and nine months left. But maybe somehow, it won't be too unbearble."

"I'll come visit you every single week.." I whisper to my boyfriend.

"You don't have to princess. You don't have to let your whole life revolve around me when you're out in the freedom. Of course I want you to visit, but don't feel pressured to be here every single visitation hour, never making any other plans for a Sunday."

"Okay.. I won't. But I will be here often. As often as I possibly can without holding myself back from living life. Although enjoying the freedom to the fulles isn't something I will do right away. I'll wait for the absolute best freedom until you're out of here too."

"Sounds like a good plan princess.." Vic's silent for a moment, looking deep in thought for a while.

"What will you do when you leave, while waiting for the day that I get to leave too?"

"Honestly, I'll just want to go back to living just like I did before. I want to live fully normal and go back to enjoying everyday life. Waking up later during the weekends, have contact with my friends that I met in college before dropping out, going to work and all those things."

I see how Vic makes a bit of a face as I say this, making me just about to question him before he beats me to talking and starts to do so before me.